Get new similar jobs by email for
Assistant Manager - Dallas
Diakon Logistics is one of the largest home delivery, logistics and warehousing companies in the U.S. Since beginning operations in 1991, we have grown into a national company with over 300 trucks operating in 21 locations throughout the United States. We are proud to serve some of the largest national retailers in the country.
Diakon Logistics specializes in providing comprehensive in-home delivery services including expert pre-inspection, preparation and set-up at white glove quality service levels. www.diakonlogistics.com
Delivers merchandise/appliances to customers by coaching and leading a team of 15+ independent contractors.
· Accomplishes objectives by educating, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling contractors; communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies and procedures.
· Meets shipping operational standards by contributing shipping information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying shipping system improvements.
· Meets financial standards by monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
· Plans deliveries by reviewing production results and orders; establish and monitor delivery routes.
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Supervision, Energy Level, Deadline-Oriented, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Customer Focus, Independence, Safety Management, Reporting Skills, Scheduling, Computer Proficient, Bi-lingual with Spanish a plus.
Location is open 7 days per week, weekends required.
Diakon Logistics offers competitive wages and bonuses, medical benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation and holidays.