Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels. We operate 400+ retail stores, sell through over 2,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's.
Within our Stores channel, we sell a wide range of architectural coatings and sundry items to industry, builders, contractors and home owners and have built strong customer loyalty based on exceptional product and excellent customer service. This position is located in our Las Vegas, Nevada location. If you are interested in finding out more about careers with PPG Architectural Coatings, please visit us at www.ppg.com/accareers .
Are you an energetic retail employee with a passion for working in a fast-paced, customer- focused environment? If you would enjoy assisting with running a store, delivering exceptional customer service and helping the store achieve top sales and profit performance, then we are interested in hearing from you!
· Achieve sales and profit plan by controlling expenses, working capital, inventory, shrinkage and growing net contribution.
· Focus on customer service by ensuring that high service standards are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved.
· Maintain a high level of associate engagement through effective leadership.
· Maintain an understanding of local market, operations based selling and customer base.
· Ensure that the appearance of the store's exterior and interior, including merchandizing displays, are maintained to required standards.
· Candidates proficient in both English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
· Must have 2 to 4 years retail experience.
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED, some college credits preferred.
· Demonstrated customer service skills.
· Ability to work extended days, occasional weekends and holidays.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must possess a valid Driver's License.
· Ability to lift up to 90 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds frequently
· Broad knowledge of the application and use of paint and sundries preferred.
· While not required, the ability to relocate will enhance future career advancement opportunities.
In addition to significant career growth opportunities, full-time employees enjoy a competitive salary, commission plan, 401k, life, health, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States.
We would like to thank candidates who submit their interest for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
PPG prides itself on the quality of it's employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.