Get new similar jobs by email for
Assistant Store Manager / Reta...
The Assistant Store Manager is accountable to the Store Manager and is responsible in the Grocery, Dairy, Produce, Frozen Foods and General Merchandise departments for maximizing sales and gross profit, protection of company assets, store conditions, presentation, control of losses, and contributes to the company's operating objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains store conditions per company standard to improve profitability.
· Maximizes department sales and profits.
· Develops and maintains a team concept to improve associate morale, communications, non union status, working conditions.
· Maximizes store profits and gross profit through effective merchandising.
· Achieves or surpasses productivity and payroll goals in each department.
· Maintains customer service levels according to company standards.
· Complies with company and governmental sanitation standards.
· Ensures weekly on-hand inventory goals through proper ordering practices.
· Manages the recruitment, development, training and counseling of all associates.
· Manages others and adhere to company human resource and personnel policies as well as state and federal laws.
· Establish a working relationship with all support staff and supervisors.
· Develop a daily/weekly workload plan, coordinate responsibilities and follow through to maximize results.
· Executes merchandising directives.
· Ensures proper maintenance and safe use of equipment.
· Ensure proper usage compliance and handling of all supplies.
· Responsible for opening or closing store, where applicable.
· Establish community involvement.
Manages 10-15 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 50-125+ associates in the store. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of respective store. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) from two-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to sit and taste or smell. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.