Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. Eaton is the place for you. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/V/D.
Associate Product Line Manager, LED Lighting
POSITION OVERVIEW: This position is accountable for supporting the development and execution of growth, profitability and optimization actions and strategies of LED lighting globally for Eaton Crouse Hinds.
KEY ATTRACTIONS: This position reports to the Product Line Manager, LED Lighting and is based in Syracuse, NY.
This position is primarily concerned with the recommendation and development of new products and increasing market share of existing products. Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business lines include industrial lighting, plugs & receptacles, control & apparatus, fittings, cable glands and commercial products. With the development of new products, considerable experience in marketing and sales disciplines along with a capacity for creative and analytical thinking in a broad area is essential. It is also important that the incumbent maintain familiarity with current technology, especially LED.
In the area of planning, the incumbent supports the development and recommendation of long term growth objectives and plans for assigned product families. The objectives are met through appropriate market and product research, the development of practical products, establishment of order and profit objectives, and preparation of sales and promotion programs that serve to effectively market new and existing products. In developing such plans, the incumbent utilizes broad product and customer knowledge, as well as a thorough familiarity with market demands and conditions such as design features needed by customers, channels of distribution, and the appropriate time and way to enter the market.
The incumbent will locate opportunities in potential markets by evaluating customer requirements for new products and determines desired features and performance of the product, target cost and sales levels and the timing, method and promotional materials required to establish adequate position in the marketplace. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to see that feature, quality, and cost objectives are reached and that the allotted development time frame and schedules are kept.
Activities of this position require good leadership qualities and the ability to establish priorities and to coordinate Engineering, Operations, Finance, Field Sales and Customer Service.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1. Strategic Growth: Support the creation of a long-term strategic plan maximizing growth, profitability and operational efficiency by coordination through various stakeholders and employing vertical market strategies
2. New Product Development: Support the development and execution of a multi-generational product plan specific to vertical markets and accounting for globalization by obtaining feedback from the field sales team and end-users. The focus is on LED solutions, including enhancements to current products and creation of new products.
3. Product Positioning: Position products in the marketplace to maximize sales and profitability. Create strategies to gain mind share internally and clearly position products in vertical markets. Develop competitive analysis and conduct training with field sales and customers.
4. Pricing: Support daily pricing efforts. Analyze pricing position in the marketplace and execute initiatives to drive price realization and increased volume. Prepare pricing and proposals for special products within assigned product families as requested.
5. Margin and Inventory Optimization: Implement initiatives to drive margin improvement including pricing, identifying cost-out opportunities, facilitating with operations on manufacturing improvements and creating alternatives for poor performing products. Streamline inventory management by facilitating product forecasting with field sales, identifying product rationalization opportunities and creating stocking strategies.
6. Ease of Doing Business: Actions to simplify the selling process and order fulfillment including appropriate collateral, inventory stock strategies and product line training.
Basic Qualifications: • Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, operations, field sales and/or marketing • Bachelor's Degree in engineering, operations, or business administration/marketing from an accredited institution required • Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
Preferred Qualifications: • MBA or Master's Degree preferred