Get new similar jobs by email for
entry level Associate Systems ...
Job Title: Associate Systems Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: CrossView’s Beachwood, OH office
As a CrossView Associate Systems Engineer, you will use the latest tools and technologies to build and support infrastructures for cross-channel shopping solutions that help our clients improve their business outcomes. Hone your experience alongside fellow talented professionals, where you’ll develop some of the most exciting e-commerce solutions on the market.
The Associate Systems Engineer is responsible for proactive monitoring, diagnostics, resolution/escalation of issues, and rapid isolation and restoration of issues related to a diverse customer base with an ITIL service management focus. You’ll also work closely with CrossView clients in a consulting-type role.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
· Performs weekly reviews of systems
· Identify, resolve and escalate incidents according to procedural documentation and training
· Performs general System Support and Operation activities
· Part of On-Call Rotation handling first level support
· Perform updates to wiki documentation, processes, and Standard Operating Procedures
· Utilizes operating system scripting skills (Linux)
· Installs and configures WebSphere Commerce v6 – 7 on Linux
· Maintains environments by applying necessary fixpacks/feature packs
· Installs and configures DB2 for use with WebSphere Commerce
· Creates and executes simple SQL statements
· Performs web server configurations (Apache, IHS)
Education, Experience and Skills Required
This role requires basic System/Linux Admin skills utilizing operating systems – Redhat, SUSE, CentOS, UBUNTU or other Linux Distributions
· Strong troubleshooting skills required
· Understanding of Web/Open Source Technologies like Apache Solr, Apache Tomcat, Apache Web Server a plus
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in related fields preferred, or a combination of education and relevant work experience
· Ability to quickly adapt to supporting emerging technologies and procedural changes
· Ability to work well in team environment
Additional experience and skills considered a strong plus
· IT-related certifications
· Experience supporting websites
· Experience with networking technologies (firewalls, IP protocols and ports)
· Experience with DB2, WebSphere, MySQL
· Experience creating automation via: Bash, Ksh, Batch, Perl, Python or ANT
· Java development skills
· Experience using source controls repositories like Subversion Performed deployments to application servers such as Tomcat and WebSphere Application Server
· Use of Atlassian Jira for issue tracking (creating, commenting and resolving tickets)
Location / Travel Requirement
We have 4 formal office locations in Beachwood, OH, Research Triangle Park, NC, Toronto, ON and Noida, India. The Associate Systems Engineer role works from CrossView’s offices in Beachwood, OH with travel to client locations as needed. There is an up-to 100% travel requirement for this position.
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, CrossView offers
· Training and Learning
· Opportunities to Grow and Participate
· Great team of people to work with and learn from
· 3 weeks’ vacation plus floating holidays per year
CrossView, Inc. is the leading provider of cross- channel shopping solutions. CrossView brings over 16 years of experience building cross- channel solutions for clients ranging from top 10 Internet retailers down to organizations who are just expanding into more than one channel.
To learn more about CrossView, visit www.crossview.com.
CrossView is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.