And just as successful. At AT&T, you'll work closely with the cutting edge every day. We're the world's leading communications and entertainment company, and we have some of the best technology in the industry. You can also count on training, benefits, and the opportunity to grow. Connect with AT&T today.
AT&T Sr Specialist-Network Design Engineer - NETDP (Atlanta, GA)
The AT&T Network Planning & Engineering Technical Development Program (NP&E NETDP) is agreat opportunity for graduates interested in joining a very dynamic organization using cutting-edge tools and technologies.
We are looking for a focused, energetic individual whois looking tostart their career in one of the diverse AT&T Network Planning & Engineering fields. This candidate should be an exceptional graduate with a potential to achieve a high level of performance in a short period of time. This program focuses on rotational assignments, professional development, andextensive coaching to help you gain the experience necessary to become a successful member within the NP&E team at AT&T.
The initial assignment for position is essential in the compilation and generation of critical NP&E network performance reports, weekly and monthly metric dashboards, and special studies. Also, provides project management functions towards the design, preparation of requirements, development, programming, testing, and implementation of models in support of network components, capital projects, and new metrics for growth areas of the business.
This position is an entry level, non-trainee engineer working on a variety of routine engineering activities under close guidance and direction from more experienced engineers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Assists more experienced engineers and performs field tests on networks under close direction. Performs engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks
Job Contribution: Technical support role. Organizes/completes structured assignments per predefined priorities. Limited team impact.
- KNOWLEDGE Acquires/demonstrates basic knowledge of principles and methods. Knowledge limited to specific processes/procedures needed to perform assignments within own work area. Basic knowledge of ATT technologies. Limited skill in technical field.
- ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Focused on data gathering/compilation/verification. Completes routine tasks. Reviews/solves routine problems applying clearly defined standard procedures.
- INDEPENDENCE Highly directed and supervised; work is assigned, scheduled and prioritized by others. Works on detailed assignments. Work assignment is guided by standard procedures; judgment is minimal.
- CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Contributes through quality and efficiency of own work. Supports technical teams maintaining current technologies.
- COMMUNICATION Displays appropriate listening skills to receive training/directions. Exchanges procedural information with immediate colleagues and/or internal customers. Collaborates with others in own area and seeks assistance and feedback as appropriate. Seeks self development opportunities; demonstrates aptitude for growth.
Environmental Requirements: This position may be responsible for contributing to ATT compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
Responsible for developing network designs for wireless, wireline and broadband infrastructure. Applies the necessary tools and engineering principles to create and design the network infrastructure in accordance with approved guidelines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Responsibilities may also include working with Labs, product development, and engineering teams to actually author process documentation, methods, procedures, and guidelines for current network planning, capacity management, and network builds. Coordinates and interfaces with internal and external customers to ensure service commitments are met. Uses engineering tools, various software applications, and databases to assist in creating the engineering documents. Prepares / oversees cost/benefit estimates, presentations, negotiations, installation, problem resolution, and multivendor product integration. May provide initial implementation support of networks to assure proper execution and provides resolution for system failures or degradations. Provide project management and documentation as required. Job Contribution: Developing technical professional with some experience. Completes moderately complex work within discipline/specialty area. Contributes to development of concepts/methods/techniques. Moderate team impact.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Engineeringor Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships internal to AT&T and to our external business partners.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills to assist in managing and driving issues to resolution.
- Ability to evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques and procedures when making network modifications.
- Internship/Co-op/School related project(s) demonstrating desire to workin Telecommunications environment.
- Strong working knowledge of theMS Office suite of tools (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V