Get new similar jobs by email for
Attorney - VA Disability / Pen...
Leibovic Law Group is seeking an Attorney, with experience in VA disability and pension denials, for our main office in Sherman Oaks, CA. (Please note that our main office is relocating to Chatsworth, CA by year end 2014).
About our Company
Leibovic Law Group is a sister company to Health Advocates. Health Advocates is a Healthcare Revenue Cycle company headquartered in Sherman Oaks, California. Our emphasis is in assisting hospitals to minimize their uncompensated care by qualifying their uninsured and underinsured patients for Medi-Cal, Social Security (SSI/SSD) and other health insurance benefits. Health Advocates is committed to providing exceptional services and professional representation to its hospital clients. Health Advocates was founded in 1990 and is California’s leading and most effective Uncompensated Care Recovery company. Health Advocates currently has over 400 employees dedicated to serving over eighty (80) of California’s public and private hospitals. Health Advocates offers competitive salaries with great benefits including health benefits, 401(k) plan, 2-3 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, sick pay, and other perks - EOE M/F/D/V.
Evaluate the merits of U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs disability and pension denials (and awards) to determine whether or not the claim for Disability and/or Pension can be appealed. If an appeal is warranted, assist in completing all required paperwork and documentation and representing the veteran in a hearing on the claim.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Review paper and electronic files to determine merits of case and feasibility of successful appeal
· Conduct veteran/client interviews over the telephone or at other locations within Southern and/or Northern California
· Represent veteran at VA disability hearings in Southern California.
· Upon return from hearings, update client status in company computer system
· Train staff to assist veterans with appeal paperwork
Education and Experience Requirements
· Juris Doctorate
· Admission to California State Bar, and
· Approved Attorney Accreditation from the Department of Veterans Affairs required
· Five or more years of prior VA disability and/or pension appeals experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirement
· Must possess valid CA driver’s license and reliable vehicle with insurance
· Willing and able to travel regularly
· Computer literate
· Type 40wpm or better
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects
· Excellent customer service skills
Position Type: Full-time; Exempt
Pay Rate: Competitive
This position requires access to confidential protected health information (PHI). This employee is expected to protect the privacy of all PHI in accordance with Health Advocates’ privacy policies and procedures and as required by state and federal law including but not limited to the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rule.
Although this position requires access to PHI in order to do their work, the employee will have access to only the minimum amount of PHI necessary for the business function, and understands that further use or disclosure of PHI is a violation of HIPAA's Safeguards and those requirements of the Privacy Rule.