Get new similar jobs by email for
Aviation Maintenance (A&P) - F...
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, founded in 1929, is a nationwide leader in aviation maintenance and electronics training. PIA currently seeks a full time instructor to teach courses in the FAA-approved Aviation Maintenance program at its campus in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The school is also interested in talking with candidates interested in part-time faculty positions.
Position: AVIATION MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTOR
Location: PIA Myrtle Beach Campus
Type: Full Time, Salary (Non-exempt)
Compensation: Commensurate with education, experience and campus location
Reports to: Campus Director
Direct Reports: None
Minimum Skills, Education, and Experience
FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certification
At least three (3) years of relevant industry work experience
Demonstrated proficiency in the applicable subject areas, including Aviation Math, Basic Electricity, Basic Electronics, Airframe Systems, and Powerplant Systems.
Verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Familiarization with computer systems for word processing, databases, e-mail, and Internet use
*Educational leadership opportunities are available to individuals having a Bachelor degree or higher in Aviation or Education related field, in addition to the qualifications above.
Overview of Job Duties:
1. Adhere to all PIA Policies and Procedures
2. Develop personal lesson plans
3. Conduct classroom lectures
4. Manage the student shop/laboratory
5. Maintain inventory of training aids and consumable materials
6. Develop and follow approved methods of student evaluation
7. Advise and discipline students in matters of academic performance, attendance, and conduct
8. Submit accurate grade and attendance information at established intervals
9. Participate in on-the-job and formalized training programs
10. Participate in school-related events
Office and Classroom hours are generally Monday-Thursday, from 7:00am to 4:30pm. Faculty members are also encouraged to participate in school Open Houses and other school events.
PIA's full time faculty members qualify for benefits including health insurance, 401(k) with company match, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, paid time off, and paid holidays. Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates: Apply online through monster.com, OR email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include whether you're interested in full-time or part-time teaching assignments.