The Baby Registry Sales Consultant is responsible for consistently delivering superior registry experiences for Babies"R"Us Guests. In this position, Consultants will be responsible for greeting and engaging Guests to determine the type of registrant they are assisting: a first time expectant parent creating a baby registry, a returning registrant for an addition to their family, or a gift giver purchasing items off of the registry that was created. By engaging Guests in a dialogue, Consultants will be able to suggest the appropriate products to add on to the registry and ensure Guests are registered for everything they will need so they are confident, excited and happy with the selections they have made.
Registry Consultants will also be responsible for promoting and selling our service programs such as: Buyer Protection Plans, the "R"Us Credit Card, Rewards "R"Us Loyalty program, VIB (Very Important Baby), and seminar/events available at the store.
The ultimate goal of this role is to create an emotional connection with every person involved with the arrival of a new baby and create a Guest for life.
- Demonstrate the use of selling skills by becoming knowledgeable with our product and service offerings:
- To ask open-ended discovery questions in order to determine the right product for a Guest based on their needs and/or lifestyle
- Use product knowledge to assist the Guest with product choices and suggest add-on items to increase items per transaction and average sale
- Promote and offer applicable services to the Guest such as Buyer Protection Plans, the "R"Us Credit Card, Rewards "R"Us Loyalty program, and VIB (Very Important Baby)
- To deliver supreme service using the STAR model with all of our Guests- Every Day, Every Time
- Drive sales in Baby Registry department by achieving set goals
- Use "Save the Sale" concepts to ensure that we are utilizing all Omnichannel options for Guests when items may be out of stock in store
- Assist Guests at registry kiosk to ensure they have a clear understanding of how to read and understand the registry print-outs as well as locate items in the store
- Display a positive attitude while assisting multiple Guests and providing excellent Guest service
- Learn safety requirements for products and communicate them to Guests to assist in their decision making process
- Resolve problems and Guest issues rapidly
- Work together with peers and ensure all our Guests' needs are met and exceeded
- Communicate out of stock and other Guest impacting issues to Supervisor immediately
- Ensure that all displays are in working order for the Guests to demo and that the area is neat and shopable at all times by maintaining Standards of Excellence within department
- Conduct product demonstrations to promote sales of items to our Guests
- Utilize specific technology in department (store systems) to look up merchandise, etc.
- Assist fellow team members with baby registry knowledge
- Properly exercise the use of the communication tools as per the Telephone, Paging & Walkie-Talkie Etiquette SOP
- Execute all elements of the respective Routine Action Plan
- Assist in recovering the store prior to closing
- Take initiative to further self development to promote future growth with "R"Us
- Previous experience in a sales driven retail environment
- Strong guest service skills
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills with an outgoing, friendly, pleasant personality that represents the "R"Us brand
- Excellent follow up skills
- Utilize strong communication skills ‐ verbal, non-verbal and display active listening to assist Guests in making their selections
- Ability to lift and carry merchandise weighing up to 40 pounds and to climb/descend ladders
- Multi-lingual speaking a plus, but not required