Get new similar jobs by email for
Behavior Specialist (BCBA pref...
Lakeview is currently seeking a "Behavior Specialist" to work with our adult population. Primary responsibilities will include:
1. Conduct functional behavior assessments
2. Design and implement data-based programs to increase adaptive behaviors and decrease challenging behavior.
3. Training and support of direct care staff.
4. Maintain timely documentation: write 48 hr, 10 day monthly reports, protocols and behavior treatment plans
5. Establishing a consistent routine and schedule in the residence.
Board Certified assistant Behavior Analyst highly preferred. Full job description below:
Responsible for the welfare and wellbeing of an assigned residential cohort and their living environment. Will train direct support staff on behavior plans in order to meet clinical programming needs, program participant basic care requirements, and customer satisfaction in accordance with all Company and regulatory standards. The Behavior Specialist is the primary advocate of the residential environment of care. Flexible schedules providing oversite on all shifts including weekends will be necessary. Specific guidelines to be set forth by the Clinical Director.
* Ensures that Behavior plans for program participants assigned are up to date and carried out by direct care staff.
* Works with respective Program Director on therapeutic service delivery, activities planning, and adherence to planned schedules.
* Responsibility for completion and quality of unit documentation including but not limited to Incident Reports, shift change and service delivery documentation, etc.
* Demonstrates knowledge of all service plans, treatment goals and protocols for persons served by their program.
* Responsible for training, developing, mentoring of direct care staff to meet individual program participant, clinical, and facility objectives.
* Assures compliance with all documentation requirements including, but not limited to, team communication, incident reporting, and risk management.
* Ensures that programmatic instructions are followed by staff implementing programs through on-site observation and active participation.
* Responsible for effective communication with other departments and directors to ensure preservation of environment of care and quality of care.
* Attends meetings as assigned; Risk, HRC, Staffings, and Behavior Meeting.
* Responsible for quality improvement and monitoring of physical environment including team communication systems.
* Actively involved in program development to provide training and mentoring and leadership to Senior Rehabilitation Specialists and Rehabilitation Specialists on assigned unit(s).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Skill, Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to plan, organize and implement program projects and ideas. Ability to observe, correct and motivate other people. High level of functional computer operations skills. Specific knowledge of agency policies and procedures, regulatory directives by licensing agencies and general treatment philosophy.
2. Education: Bachelors degree in Human Services or related field; Master’s preferred.
3. Licensure/Certification: Licensed Allied Health Professional, Behavior Specialist, Nurse, or equivalent directly related clinical work history. CBIS certified within 1 year of employment.
4. Experience: Significant experience in brain injury, mental health, and clinical consultation
Two years supervisory experience preferred