1st Choice, LLC has several IMMEDIATE openings for Bilingual Customer Service Representatives to support a client in the Rockville, MD.
All languages (Spanish, French, Mandarin, Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, tieng Viet, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
- Receives telephone calls and provides callers with information about public and private service agencies normally limited to the immediate vicinity.
- Listens to the caller’s question, asks relevant questions for clarification as necessary, evaluates the information obtained, and provides the appropriate response in accordance with specific instructions and training.
- Exercises knowledge of such subjects as customer service standards and procedures; call processing procedures and techniques; equipment operation; County Government and related organizations’ missions, operating procedures, and points of contact.
- As received, promptly refers emergency calls to 911 emergency services.
- Operates Tele-Typewriter (TTY) machines and/or other assistive devices for the hearing-impaired.
- Records and maintains records of telephone exchanges in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs follow-up duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively in English to provide direct information and referral assistance to clients with varying backgrounds and problems.
- Ability to operate a multi-button telephone, personal computer, photocopier, TTY machine, and other office automation equipment appropriate to the requirements of the position.
- Ability to collect and organize information materials.
- Ability to understand and evaluate the seriousness of the issue which has caused a client to inquire about available services.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy and tact in responding to the inquiries of the general public.
- Ability to deal effectively and equitably with people.
- Ability to work varying shifts.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience providing direct customer service to the public.
- Completion of high school or High School Certificate of completion recognized in the State of Maryland. Equivalency:
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.