OpenText, a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM) has completed its previously announced acquisition of GXS Group, Inc., expanding OpenText's leadership in EIM by combining OpenText's Information Exchange portfolio with GXS's cloud-based business-to-business integration services and managed services.
GXS is the world’s largest integration services provider, connecting more than 550,000 companies, including 22 of the top 25 supply chains, exchange electronic transactions with their partners. Each year, we manage more than 12 billion transactions for retailers, manufacturers and banks.
OpenText / GXS, is searching for a Technical Support Specialist to provide Customer Support for our accounts. The daily activities will be to provide technical support for customers using OpenText / GXS applications, assist with new client on boarding to the platform, and client testing support. They will also perform proactive daily transaction and application monitoring on a 24x7x365 basis. In addition the resource will be responsible for all incidents and problem management to support Japan customers who will exchange business documents over the Internet and point-to-point communication protocols.
• The Technical Support Specialist will provide first and second level support in English and Japanese for OpenText / GXS applications, including day to day incident management, problem management, and request management as applicable.
• Respond immediately to all customer emails and phone calls. Provide periodic updates until Incident has been resolved.
• Respond to alerts generated for any point of failure within the client solution.
• Monitor all links to ensure all transactions from the customers are received and delivered on time.
• Resolve all critical and major events within SLA requirements – requiring SME’s ready and available when an event occurs.
• Resolve or engage others to resolve all incidents within SLA.
• Oversee the on boarding of new clients through an infrastructure of both internal and external contacts.
• Serve as the first level of support for all on boarding related questions and issues.
• Review and assume responsibility for performance metrics and service level agreements.
• Flexibility in work schedule including rotating, on-call support activities that may at times, involve weekends and holidays.
• Three to five years of demonstrated success performing the responsibilities listed for this role as well as technical experience with commercial software such as Microsoft Office suite; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Communicate directly with clients and vendors to coordinate client testing and support.
• Excellent communication skills both in English and Japanese.
• Good level understanding of structure and experience working with at least two Data Formats: (EDI, XML, X12, EDIFACT, Flat File).
• Good level understanding in principles of at least one major Communication Protocol: (HTTP (AS2), FTPS, SSL, SSH.
• Experience working with UNIX or Linux Operating Systems.
• Strong understanding of at least one major Database: (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MS Access).
• Knowledge in Networking Technologies.
CLICK HERE for more information about OpenText and OpenText career opportunities.
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll free number 866-385-6847.
If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.