$17.50+ /hour Salary maybe negotiable depending upon level of experience
Snelling Staffing Services
About the Job
A well respect local accounting firm is seeking an experienced bookkeeper for their team. Quickbooks experience is a plus. Candidates with payroll reporting experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Purpose: Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions.
Duties: * Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
* Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
* Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
* Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
* Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
* Maintains historical records by filing documents.
* Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Developing Standards, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness