Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Branch Manager in our Mills Road Branch! The Branch Manager is responsible for generating revenue and fee-income through promoting Bank services, deposit and lending products, and customer referrals to other business units. Oversees the safe and efficient operation of the retail office to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal banking regulations, bank policies and procedures, and all regulatory compliance mandates and satisfactory branch audits. Plans and implements business development programs, and represents the Bank in community activities. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- May directly supervise employees while overseeing assigned function(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; managing and appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops and enhances customer relations and business generation through the development of customer calls to businesses and civic organizations. Develops and maintains relationships, and interacts with banking customers regularly to resolve issues and deal with more complex financial needs of the customer.
- Oversees the safe and efficient operation of the retail office to ensure compliance with applicable bank policies and procedures, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, and other regulatory compliance programs. Ensures Branch audits are successful and promptly addresses any audit findings
- Resolves customer issues with/for employees when manager intervention is deemed necessary.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for the Branch. Fosters and manages a sales-oriented environment by providing on-going performance feedback and training for employees; generating enthusiasm; and participation in all sales campaigns.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to discuss customer service, sales, and activities that promote products and services.
- Oversees staffing levels to ensure the Branch performs efficiently while ensuring top-quality customer service standards are maintained.
- Directs the performance management process through coaching, counseling, and the performance appraisal process.
- May prepare financial and regulatory reports required by law, regulators, and the board of directors.
- Evaluates and analyzes bank data for adherence to budget, goals, and other financial targets.
- Represents the Bank at community events to further enhance the Bank's image and develop new business opportunities. May take leadership roles on local boards or commissions.
- On a rotating basis, may work on Saturday and/or substitute at In-Store locations and/other branch locations, as needed. In-store Branch Managers may work weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Branch Managers are expected to adhere to Bank policies and procedures designed to comply with the S.A.F.E. Act regulations. In addition, Branch Managers must register under the S.A.F.E. Act and ensure their registration is kept current while acting as an originator of home secured loan (home equity loans and lines of credit).
This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related business or financial field preferred, or High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of five plus years progressively responsible experience in branch operations, with a mix operational and sales experience or a minimum of 2 years experience as an Financial Services Officer, including a minimum of one year supervisory experience.
- Experience in consumer and small business lending. Some outbound sales calling experience or training.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank products, services, operational policies and procedures, and compliance regulations.
- Must demonstrate complete understanding of the Retail Branch Operations policies and procedures.
- Expresses ideas clearly in writing and verbally.
- Makes clear, concise presentations and demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Conveys necessary ideas and information to others.
- Proficient with: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, Tableau, Core-Trac, Metavante, Synergy, FIS, & Doc-imaging, or similar type systems.
- Must be able to travel to perform required duties (25-50%) as needed.