Position Title: Branch Manager, CT Prospera
San Jose, CA
Self-Help Federal Credit Union (SHFCU) is currently undergoing dynamic growth in its retail credit union operations in California and more recently in Illinois. One of the divisions of SHFCU is Community Trust Prospera (CT Prospera) with branches in Southern California and San Jose. The Branch Manager will report to the Director of Prospera and will work collaboratively to support CA retail operations.
The branch manager will lead retail branch location(s) that offers a combination of credit union and check-cashing services including: remittances, bill payments, checking/savings accounts and loans. S/he will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the branch(es): maintaining accurate daily balances, ensuring excellent customer service, managing and training staff, and maintaining regulatory compliance. Additionally, the branch manager will proactively and consistently increase sales by representing the branch at community events and through the development of effective grassroots marketing campaigns that target the local community. Candidates best positioned for success include positive, energetic individuals with management experience.
- Manage daily operations of the branch, including balancing of daily transactions, verifying cash, and resolving out-of-balance conditions.
- Assist in the development of retail goals, sales plan / targets, revenue benchmarks and operating loss controls.
- Provides input to the development of sales and advertising strategies for new branch products.
- Expand Prospera CT presence in the community and provide inroads for customer acquisition.
- Cultivate relationships and partnerships with community groups
- Represent the branch at community events – developing contacts, visibility and programs to increase branch membership.
- Acquire new account relations as well as expand and retain existing customer relationships.
- Supervise staff.
- Assure effective utilization of personnel, timely and objective performance evaluations, equitable salary structure and identifiable career paths for qualified and interested candidates.
- Provide direction and leadership to branch employees with an emphasis on customer service, achieving sales goals, increasing service, efficiency and teamwork.
- Support staff in creating an excellent customer experience by managing a smooth flow of member lines and adequate teller window coverage.
- Ensure branch passes internal and external regulatory audits.
- Participate in the development of branch performance standards and teller training with regards to regulatory compliance.
- Conducts monthly and quarterly branch assessments.
- Trains staff to follow CT Prospera check cashing guidelines.
- Explains, promotes and provides on the job training in CT Prospera services (e.g., remittances, money orders, prepaid debit cards, and other products).
- Schedules and monitors work hours for FSRs to allow adequate coverage.
- Performs monthly internal control audits to include: Branch cash limits, FSR limits, returned checks, inventory items for both CT Prospera and third party vendors in addition to conducting monthly, quarterly and yearly branch assessment.
- Assists staff in marketing CT Prospera services through cross selling and in-line financial education.
- Enforces branch security and safety procedures and reports discrepancies to Area Manager.
- Participates in setting goals for branches and assists staff to achieve goals by coaching, mentoring and following up.
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment for all branches at all times (branch lobby, work area, etc.)
- Achieves budget projection for branches.
- Monitors and counsels employees regarding performance in alignment with Credit Union guidelines; ensures performance development plans are completed timely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Strong understanding of cultural competency.
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing in a retail and / or banking environment
- A combination of entrepreneurial spirit and detailed attention to compliance & regulatory issues
- A track record of successful business performance, goal setting and achievement.
- A proven leader, effective at hiring, developing and motivating individuals and teams.
- A customer service orientation.
- Excellent community building skills.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- A minimum of basic computer skills and accounting/finance knowledge.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems timely.
- Customer Service – Acknowledgesgreets and responds quickly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal – Remains professional when dealing with negative situations.
- Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Training – Must complete Teller and Compliance training within 30 days of hire.
- Fully bilingual (Spanish / English), preferred
Self-Help Federal Credit Union was chartered in 2008 to build a statewide network of branches in California that serve working families and underserved communities including people of color, women, and immigrants. With 21 branches in the Bay Area, Central Valley and San Gabriel Valley (LA), three branches in Illinois, approximately $700m in assets, and almost 75,000 members, Self-Help FCU is one of the fastest growing low-income designated credit unions in the country. It is part of the national Self-Help family of non-profit organizations. For over 30 years, the Center for Community Self-Help and its affiliates have provided over $6 billion in financing to help more than 74,000 low-wealth borrowers buy homes, start and build businesses, and strengthen community resources. For more information, go to www.self-helpfcu.org and www.self-help.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion, disability that can be accommodated, marital status (including domestic partner status), ancestry, nationality, national origin, religion (and lack thereof), family status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), other medical condition and/or disability: physical or mental, AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, sexual identity, gender identification (including transgender status), sexual orientation, political activities or affiliations, and veteran status.
Competitive salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, paid parental leave, and domestic partners policy.
Please apply to our Human Resources Department:
Interested individuals please send a resume and cover letter and reference this job, “Branch Manager – CT Prospera” in the subject line of your message.
The Self-Help Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer