Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Analysis and Project ...
MODIS is currently seeking a Business Analysis and Project Management with extensive VBA development experience. This is a 6 month contract that will extend through May of 2014. If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more about the project Please contact me directly at email@example.com Neil Corp
***I am looking for someone with extensive Access and VBA development experience,
***this position is more than likely going to be extended until May 2014***
Provides complex analytical support of various data sources including Access databases
· Supports daily production processes. May assist with developing forecasts and building business cases for new business initiatives
· Develops, prepares, and analyzes complex reports for management review.
· Defines complex business requirements and provides analysis toward operational efficiency.
· Analyzes actual results against plan and forecast and recommends interventions where appropriate
· Identifies opportunities for improvement in operational performance and notifies management of issues and problems requiring immediate attention.
· Works cross-functionally in analyzing, designing and developing business solutions. Provides analytical support for multiple, complex, projects simultaneously, establishes work plans and timelines; coordinates with internal and external sources.
· Make presentations to various levels of management
· . Works under limited supervision, using established procedures. Advanced knowledge of automated systems in a production or operations environment.
· Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex cross-functional problems related to business operations statistical analysis methodology.
· Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform analyses such as, GAP analysis, process mapping, root-cause analysis, risk analysis and requirements gathering.
· Advanced knowledge of PCs and related software applications.
· Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills. Excellent writing and presentation skills.
· Highly developed math, analytical and problem-solving skills and use of analytical tools. Demonstrated project management skills. B.A/B.S. degree and five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Am looking for someone with extensive Access and VBA development experience, and less business analysis and project management. ***
Strong MS Access skills including extensive experience with VBA. Experience with Business Objects, SQL, Crystal Reports, Essbase, and SAS EG preferred.
Q. Describe the project they will be working on?
Supporting and designing Access databases for the incentive production processes; performing production and reporting activities; documenting data and process flows.
Q. What are the Top Three Skills needed to perform this role/job?
1. Strong MS Access skills including experience with VBA programming
2. Detailed oriented and ability to work with various data sources and numbers
3. Good communication skills and being a self-starter
Q. What would the typical work day look like for this contractor (what are they responsible for)?
The beginning part of the assignment would involve learning, understanding, and documenting databases and processes so that the activities can be performed. The second part of the assignment is to modify the databases, tools, and processes to support the new changes for 2014.
Q. Any technology companies or a particular industry background that you would like them to come from?
No but previous experience with internal or external compensation would be helpful
Q. What is the Duration of assignment - possible extensions?
Through December with likely extensions through May of 2014.
Q. When are you available to begin interviews?
ASAP - - would like to start interviewing this week
Q. Are you available over the next 2-3 weeks to complete the process (vacation, business travel, etc. ensure candidate remains available)
Q. What is your interview process? (Phone, interview panel, loop) Who will be reviewing resumes, do you need help setting up a delegate?
Phone interview and then in-person interview