Get new similar jobs by email for
Financial Analyst- Finance/IT
Our client, a leader in the Intermodal Industry is looking to hire a Financial Analyst for their Princeton, NJ location. The Financial Analyst will develop a deep understanding of the Chassis Business, including the various products we offer and will focus on operational expenses. The candidate must have a strong ability to analyze and interpret data that will be communicated to key stakeholders. The candidate will need to apply sharp technical skills to assist in the creation of expenses analysis to help drive changes within the organization.
• Provide daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cost reporting and analytics to key stakeholders in management and the operations teams.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and analysis against M&R budgets and forecasts, in addition to monthly management business review presentation materials.
• Prepare analytics for yearly budget process.
• Assess the impact of operational changes and cost saving initiatives using financial and computer modeling tools and techniques.
• Perform detailed and summary analyses of chassis expenses by key component area, location, pool, or vendor, including assembly of statistics by operational service units such as per-day, per-outgate, and per-unit.
• Identify and communicate trends and early alerts on changes that would impact performance.
• Proactively propose, design, create and deliver statistical and expense modeling and the corresponding analysis for M&R operational functions.
• Review and analyze reporting results and maintain frequent and regular contact with field management to communicate changes, trends, and opportunities.
• Produce data integrity cross-checks for all reported data, assuring viability of results at all times.
• Prepare M&R analyses for commercial area consumption to assess customer performance.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis and special projects to assist headquarters and field management to monitor, understand, and control maintenance and repair expense.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
• Must have proven competence in data mining and analysis, and excellent expertise in Excel, and PowerPoint. Must also have aptitude and interest working in relational database usage, SQL, and programming. Experience with Access and/or Oracle desirable.
• A minimum requirement of 3 years of data analysis, accounting, financial planning and/or business analytical background, and/or excellent academic background in relevant field.
• Proven ability to perform analytical work with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to identify and interpret trends and present findings effectively.
• Must possess excellent problem solving, analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to the ability to think creatively.
• Must work well in a team-oriented, dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, while also able to work independently, prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to participate effectively in efforts to identify, design, and implement processes aimed at efficiently conveying maintenance and repair performance to key stakeholders.
• Adaptability to internal databases, software, and technological initiatives. Ability to effectively learn new software environments.