Who is Symetra? With more than 50 years' experience, we became an independent company in 2004 whose founding shareholders include Berkshire Hathaway and White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. In 2012, we opened a new office location Waltham, just outside of Boston. Symetra elevates people's lives through products that help people achieve a secure retirement, businesses provide valued benefits to their employees and families recover from personal loss. Symetra elevates people's lives through our spirit of service and through trusted partnership with independent advisors, brokers and agents. Our Individual Life Division is in full growth mode and we've already doubled in size since our office opened in 2012.The Business Systems Solutions Team is looking for a Business Analyst.
Life & Retirement Operations is currently seeking a Business Analyst. This person will have the following responsibilities:
- Develops business requirements for medium to large processes or systems within a single department.
- Creates system and process design for medium to high risk and complexity processes and systems.
- Utilize a detailed understanding of Symetra's enterprise systems environment, dependencies and relationships to develop impact analysis and mitigation plans for affected stakeholders.
- Complete responsibility and accountability for development of business requirements for complex tasks and for researching/resolving high complexity/high impact production support issues.
- Mentors less experienced business analysts and performs peer reviews on their work product.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 4 - 7 years as a business analyst
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced analytical techniques
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Detailed understanding of IT systems landscape and how upstream or downstream systems will be affected by changing a particular system or component
- Project/team leadership experience
- Insurance or financial services industry experience desired
- IIBA or PMI certifications in business analysis or project management desired