Get new similar jobs by email for
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $60,000 to $80,000, depending on skills and experience
The Business Analyst elicits business requirements from business users andsubject matter experts, defines and document requirements, writes functional specifications, produces work flows, completes data mapping and perform business process design in conjunction with the operations team. The BA is responsible for the coordination of technical requirements and specifications throughout the project life cycle and coordination between implementation and process consulting. You will work also work with business users to extract data and metadata. The candidate must be a highly organized, energetic person who can think strategically and translate business objectives into project plans and technical designs.
- Knowledge of project management methods, processes, standards, and tools
- The ability to participate & facilitate project coordination, discussion, and status meetings
- Experience with large scale MDM or ERP projects preferred
- Perform analysis and manage enhancements to improve the quality and performance of the data
- Functional design and data analysis skills
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Very high degree of innovation and creativity to resolve complex technical, business or process problems
- Leads planning on the complex/significant projects
- Performs key role in developing requirements
- Proficient in MS office tools: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Personal / Team Development
· Demonstrates the MBC Values through behaviors; sets high personal standards for performance/conduct;
· Demonstrates ability to be a team player; works well with others; contributes positively to work/team environment.
· Provide support to consultants and clients and understand business issues and related challenges of the client’s organization and industry
· Applies Technical or Business Knowledge in developing quality deliverables
· Supports the operations of the engagement team and management while performing as an integrated team member.
· Supports development of engagement work plans, schedules, and performance meetings
· Understands the fundamentals of client’s business
· Works with team members to anticipate and assess clients future needs and assess solutions
· Supports practice business development activities
· Understands basic steps in sales process
· Demonstrates knowledge of MBC products and services
· Identifies potential add-on work and supports proposal development
Other duties as assigned
Supervision:Provide limited supervision through motivation, mentoring, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
· Associates Degree (Bachelors preferred) and 2+ years of work related experience or a combination of both.
· Proficiency with the Web, MS Office and SharePoint
· Business travel as required by contract
· Expert functional and technical skills as required by contract
· Knowledgeable of engagement or project planning and control process
· Identifies potential add-on work and supports proposal development
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
· Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
· Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
· Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
· Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, type or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
· Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Morgan Borszcz Consulting, LLC (MBC) is a minority woman owned business that was established in 2001. MBC serves a wide array of clients from government agencies to commercial businesses that seek leading Big 5 consulting talent at affordable rates. MBC was recognized as one of the 500 fastest growing companies in the country for 2008 through 2010 by Inc Magazine. We have been a part of the Virginia’s Fantastic 50 since 2009. We believe in giving back to the community and investing in our employees. MBC provides these talented, experienced and knowledgeable resources for all of our clients. We focus on delivering solutions that meet our clients’ needs and do so at an affordable cost and have deep experience in delivering large scale supply chain strategies, supply chain technology solutions, enterprise architecture, financial management, business intelligence consulting and program management services.
MBC offers competitive benefits to our employees. In addition to a salary base and compensation plan for all of our positions, we offer an excellent career path and flexibility in your schedule. We offer one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays and life insurance. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
MBC is an AA/EOE. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.