A reputable financial institution based in Charlotte is seeking an experienced Business Analyst for their growing team.
The Business Analyst facilitates business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes. They manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements (business, stakeholder, solution) and support the ongoing management of the requirements. Business Analyst creates viable and consumable specifications including acceptance criteria in preparation for the sign-off, construction and testing of solutions.
The Business Analyst is expected to act independently to deliver and manage requirements to schedule, budget and scope; and is self-driven and motivated.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Build the foundation for the project effort by capturing the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups
- Develop requirements (business, user, process and software requirements - functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to the business vision
- Manage the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team
- Facilitate a critical communications role by interacting with users (business domain), project team members and development personnel (technical domain)
- Ensure the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
- Ability to navigate the project team, IT personnel and business sponsors through a level of ambiguity including business process change; building organization and structure to requirements to drive out and define detailed requirements in an efficient manner
- Work with the project manager and the business customer(s) to define requirements stakeholders, requirements conflict resolution procedures and the requirements team structure
- Understands multiple project management methodologies/software development approaches and defines the appropriate deliverables through project phases (i.e. planning, analysis, specification and validation)
- Proficient requirement meeting facilitator, demonstrated experience in facilitating sessions (10 to 20 people) using techniques to help define scope and requirements during the lifecycle
- Responsible for ensuring change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements
- Determine, understand and document the business case and project scope
- Ensure that quality business analysis standards are met through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, best practices, methodologies and deliverables
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
- Select the appropriate methods to elicit and document requirements
- Define the procedures on how the requirements will be managed (i.e. base lining requirements, requirements, change control and requirements traceability)
- Assess change requests related to requirements to assess overall impact