Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As the company continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it looks to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results.
A successful Report Developer will have the following:
- A college degree and 3+ years of relevant experience is preferred for the position; or the equivalent of 5+ years experience working with SQL in a reporting type environment.
- 3+ years of experience performing analysis on gathered data to find trends and make recommendations to management / clients based on the results
- Has a strong working knowledge of MS Excel and the use of functions, and is able to demonstrate clear and concise verbal and oral communication skills.
- The ability to multi task and handle several different projects at a time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server required. Experience with SSRS and SSIS services preferred. Netezza, SAS or Tableau experience a plus.
The Report Developer is responsible for providing daily reporting both manually and automated to hundreds of report users from sales managers to executives. The Analyst has very strong data mining skills and IT knowledge while being able to communicate with and understand the business.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining various adhoc and recurring reports to support the business as needed.
- Self starter, the Analyst is not only expected to complete requests but also come up with new ways to 'tell the story' about the data.
- Accomplishing tasks using direct access to various databases throughout the company, and writing custom SQL Server scripts to identify payment issues / create needed reports, and working to turn these into recurring / ongoing processes.
- The Analyst will also be required to work as a business resource team member in various IT system upgrade processes as needed. This requires good written and verbal communication, and the ability to think outside of the box to find the best possible solution to the problem at hand.