Get new similar jobs by email for
The Business Analyst (BA) is solely responsible for the analysis, design and development of the necessary requirements to support system development efforts. The BA elicits requirements from members of the business community, transforms them into system functional specifications and manages all requirements activities throughout the software development life-cycle process.
Analytical & Design
· Able to understand, abstract and communicate any business problem in a way that multiple audiences (technical and non-technical) can relate to.
· Understands how to use technology to competitive advantage and to solve business issues
· Develops and maintains an intimate understanding of business operations and identifies opportunities for operational efficiency through core PeopleSoft utilization and system enhancements
· Partners with the Relationship Manager to conduct Needs Analysis that helps produce Business Cases that clearly outline business level problem, goals/objective statements, technical strategy/implementation options with pros/cons, level of effort estimates (ROM level) and provides clear recommendation on best fit path.
· Partners with the Project Manager to identify and manage risks (outlining potential mitigation strategies) and raising issues early. Assists in documenting the issue and issue resolution (risk/issue types - Tech Strategy/Approach, Business Process variables, Functional, Schedule, etc.)
· Demonstrates strong oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with business partners and internal team members
· Demonstrates strong written communications skills, including the ability to produce clear and concise recommendations, business requirements and/or functional specifications
· Assists the Relationship Manger and Project Manager with managing expectations between the business and IT
· Interacts with all levels of the company with patience, courtesy, diplomacy and professionalism