Get new similar jobs by email for
Modis Is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst job for our client in Sacramento, CA. This is a direct hire opportunity you must have at least 5 years plus year’s experience and well versed in SDLC. If you have the skills below and interested in applying for this Job please contact me directly email@example.com Neil Corp
Senior Business Analyst
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Job Class: Exempt
Grade Level: 25
Reports To: Project or Program Manager
Our client is the recognized leader for excellence in member services and advocacy promoting oral health and profession of dentistry. The Dentists Insurance Company (TDIC), a subsidiary of the client, underwrites Professional and Business Liability policies, Building and Business Personal Property, and Worker' Compensation coverage exclusively for dentists.
TDIC seeks a talented Senior Business Analyst to collect, document and analyze information concerning our business processes to ensure effective coordination of project activities, resources, priorities and timelines.
Responsibilities & Key Objectives
· Work with management and executive staff to identify individual and common business needs and goals and understand business functions and workflow.
· Thoroughly understand the core business applications and interfaces and the interrelationship with supported business functions.
· Coordinate with department managers to identify opportunities for business process improvement and more effective utilization of information systems.
· Analyze and prioritize business opportunities based on business value.
· Identify, analyze and summarize project-related functional business and system design requirements.
· Develop supporting documentation outlining issues, improvement opportunities, system design, recommendations, solutions, proposals, and business cases.
· Coordinate systems analysis process in order to identify areas needing improvement and to develop a plan of action.
· Utilize technology to streamline business functions and processes.
· Participate as a team member in coordinating application upgrades, patches and the maintenance process for mainline processing and ancillary systems.
· Manage and lead testing efforts including test plans, issues training, resource assignments, and issue resolution.
· Role model all aspects of productive communication.
· Oversee and coach junior business analyst staff members.
Detailed Work Activities:
· Understand business issues and data challenges.
· Confer with colleagues to design systems and workflows based upon requirements.
· Consult with staff or users to identify operating procedure problems and potential solutions.
· Manage implementation of enhanced and/or new procedures.
· Champion policy creation or revision.
· Analyze organizational operating practices or procedures.
· Analyze operational or management reports or records in support of project deliverables.
· Develop and facilitate the development of project requirements and implementation plans.
· Document as-is and to-be end-to-end workflows.
· Communicate needed changes to the project team.
· Develop report requirements for management and database queries.
· Develop and consolidate administrative procedures services manual.
· Communicate technical information.
· Read and understand operating manuals/documentation.
· Facilitate the development of new/revised office forms.
· Develop and conduct training for staff.
· Develop records management system.
· Develop reusable analyst procedures, methods, or standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Exercise a high degree of initiative, independence and integrity in performing assigned tasks.
· Excellent interviewing, listening, facilitation and observational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
· Ability to work on a team and share knowledge and expertise.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, meets deadlines, and deal with conflicting priorities.
· Understanding of software systems development lifecycle.
· Excellent communicator.
· Ability to visualize future business outcomes and changes.
· Experience in the association and/or insurance services industries a plus.
· Six Sigma certification a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology.
· Five to seven years in business analysis with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must be a top performer with excellent communication skills.