Please apply only at our company website at https://www.ufcwtrust.com/UFCW/careers.aspx
At UFCW & Employers Trust, every one of our staff is committed to providing efficient, responsive, friendly service and accurate information to serve all of our constituencies: our employee members, dependents, local unions, employers and service providers.
If you are looking for a an excellent opportunity in a great work environment, first class benefits, and opportunities to grow professionally, UFCW & Employers Trust wants to hear from you! We are currently seeking a Board Communications Coordinator professional to join our winning team.
Assesses the business needs and inefficiencies of various business units, programs and projects. Conceptualizes, designs, validates, and implements solutions that address identified business operations issues. Develops recommended workflows, processes, hardware and software specifications and user guides to implement and maintain solutions. Manages small to medium scale projects for application development and implementing business solutions. Works independently, seeking guidance from senior level business analysts and project managers in larger and more complex projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses the business needs and inefficiencies of various business units, programs and projects.
- Documents, compiles and analyzes information data flow and process inefficiencies.
- Performs data validation and process verification.
- Translates business needs into data/system requirements.
- Conceptualizes, designs, validates, and implements solutions that address identified business issues.
- Develops recommended workflows, processes, hardware and software specifications and user guides to implement and maintain solutions.
- Coordinates with business units to present and implement solutions.
- Develops standard operating procedures and user guides for operational changes and new tools.
- Provides training, support, and inventory control for recommended solutions, including the standard operating procedures and new tools.
- Monitors the success of implemented solutions.
- Determines gaps in training, services and software.
- Prepares additional documentation, provides additional training and support and/or redesigns implementation plans as necessary.
- Develops standard and ad hoc reports.
- Participates in the on-going maintenance of existing software and tools.
- Manages small to medium scale projects for application development and implementing business solutions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, accounting, business administration or another related field.
- Two years of experience in business analytics or a related field.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements
- Formal training, experience, and/or certification in systems analysis or application development, including the following:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification.
- At least 1 year of experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience in a collectively bargained environment.
- Basic understanding of computer programming, including loops (FOR, WHILE, etc.), logical operators (AND, OR, NOT, etc.), and conditional statements (IF, CASE, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Exposure to health plan design and related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of business practices with fundamental understanding of project management methodology.
- Knowledge of effective processes, methods, techniques to analyze and evaluate business operations.
- Proficient understanding of relational databases and database terminology (table, field, query, primary key, foreign key, etc.) with ability to detail database design needs for purposes of optimizing application development, data gathering and analysis.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with co-workers.
- Skills in gathering and analyzing a variety of data, evaluating alternatives, and making sound recommendations.
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgment, resolve problems, make effective decisions, and act with integrity.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate administrative processes and procedures for automation purposes.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Ability to train employees in the use of software and automated processes.
- Ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to management and employees.
- Ability to identify and document business requirements and perform gap analysis of the requirements and existing solution(s).
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to translate high-level business needs into technical requirements and specifications and vice versa. Ability to prioritize departmental resources according to business objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
- Proficient understanding of statistics and statistical terminology (standard deviation, average, moving average, exponential moving average, weighted average, probability, error, linear regression, non-linear regression, etc.) with ability to independently perform statistical analysis to determine viability of existing or proposed business processes.
- Basic understanding of SQL query syntax (Select, From, Where, etc.) with ability to perform basic ad-hoc queries for data analysis.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment with possible minor inconveniences due to occasional noise, crowded working conditions, and/or minor heating, cooling, or ventilation problems. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Stand or walk (occasionally)
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel (regularly)
- Reach with hands and arms (regularly)
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds (such as a box of paper).
We offer full medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, and pension benefits. In addition we offer paid vacation, generous holiday pay, and a competitive salary. This position is subject to a pre-employment negative drug screen and satisfactory completion of a background check.
Position is based out of our Walnut Creek office which will be relocating to Concord in mid 2014. Both the existing and new locations are conveniently located right off the I-680.