Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Application support m...
Modis is currently seeking a Systems Support and Maintenance Manager for our client in the Sacramento Area. This position is a Direct Hire position. After reading the job description and you feel you are a fit please contact me directly email@example.com Neil Corp Modis IT.
This position is a great opportunity for an organized, enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who enjoys working with a variety of technologies in a fast based e-commerce environment at one of the fastest growing companies in Sacramento. This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced support professional looking to grow and expand in cloud based systems and e-commerce systems.
Duties to performing administrative, supervisory, and technical work of a highly responsible nature in connection with computer related systems analysis, programming services, and automated business systems administration.
Job description and Responsibilities
· Monitor all existing systems and processes, reporting daily status within the company and resolving any outages/failures within the Our technologies Technology Team
· Execute data transfers across the Our Clients platforms and provide recommendations for automation of any manual processes
· Provide data analysis demonstrating/verifying the integrity of data across platforms and databases
· Effectively document current and future databases and processes, maintaining current documentation for modifications and new releases
· Lead effort to administer, maintain and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of databases and platforms
· Guide user departments in the evaluation, analysis and documentation of business processes and requirements to facilitate the design of more efficient and automated solutions
· Serve as liaison with other departments on data processing matters
· Provide end-user training and support for systems in use throughout the organization, creating and maintaining up-to-date end-user training documentation
· Develop data automation and reporting solutions using NetSuite and other internal productivity tools to support existing business or data processing practices, or provide requirements to development staff for creating such solutions accordingly
· Evaluate proposed software solutions for identified automated data management requirements and recommend third party applications as appropriate
· Supervise system support specialists, providing direction and guidance
· Plan and coordinate business application system maintenance and downtime, schedule and monitor system backups and develop and maintain technical security policy
· Provide best practice recommendations to continually improve business processes through technology
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
· 9+ years of overall systems support management experience
· 5+ years of systems support experience in a supply chain or e-commerce environment, with focus on ERP, web and database applications
· Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques used in system analysis and design and the operation, uses, and capabilities of electronic data processing in an automated business process environment
· Ability to analyze business methods and procedures and develop applicable automated information processing systems
· Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management, including selecting, training, coordinating/assigning the work of, and evaluating employees
· Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology
· Knowledge of complex database concepts, object-oriented methodologies, and client/server and web system architectures
· Ideal candidate is familiar with NetSuite, DemandWare or other cloud based platforms that employ strict usage governance
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties, technical, and business product managers
· Strong technical problem solving skills
· Technical writing skills and ability to adequately document all work performed
· Understanding of infrastructure technologies and components like servers, jvms, databases, and networking concepts is a plus
· Experience with web service development and SOA concepts is a plus
· Moderately physical in that the activities performed are of an administrative nature.
· Requires the ability to stand, walk, and reach for approximately one third of the day.
· For more than two thirds of the day, this position will sit and talk/hear
· Occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds
· This position is in a well-lighted, heated and air conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
· The visual requirements for this position include: clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
· The noise level exposure is moderate in that it functions in a business office setting with computers and printers with light traffic
· Up to 10% travel may be required for this position
Reports to: Director of Information Technology