Business Data Analyst Sr. - Commercial Insurance
Job ID: 100325
Location: CA - Woodland Hills
Relocation Provided: None
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Farmers Insurance is seeking a Business Data Analyst Sr. (Comm Prod Analyst Sr.) to obtain and evaluate information that supports revenue growth and profitability; analyzes information using data manipulation and correlation. Analyzes new and existing programs and procedures; actively involved in the development of new procedures and products to fulfill customer needs; writes, revises and maintains procedures and records; responds to service center inquiries and facilitates changes in systems to satisfy service center and customer demands.
• Assists the product manager in developing new products by researching, obtaining and evaluating information that supports revenue growth and profitability; performs primary field research, including customer, distribution, competitor, insurance department and market surveys.
• Analyzes information using data manipulation and correlation; creates reports to assist the product manager.
• Creates Business Requirements Identification (BRIs) and PSD documents to meet programming specifications; sends complete forms to Operations; ensures timeliness, accuracy and approvals are met per the release schedule.
• Writes Breaking News Bulletins (BNB) to communicate releases; responsible for ensuring the Agency dashboard reflects current information for assigned products and notifies Commercial Wholesalers and Commercial Service Centers of upcoming product changes.
• Reviews Commercial systems (including, but not limited to, CLS, Mainfile, Reinsurance) processing and recommends design changes to improve processing or incorporate coverage/underwriting rule changes.
• Provides assistance to Home Office and Service Center Commercial departments regarding rating methodology and systems processing.
• Handles to completion Service Center correspondence, including defect inquiries and telephone calls; routes as necessary to other departments and does follow up to ensure timely completion.
• Assists in preparation of documents for regulatory filing material; measures and monitors state filings.
• Reviews Field Bulletins, training and Marketing materials for accuracy as regards to operations or procedures.
• Represents the Product Manager in his/her absence; conducts meetings, leads projects and responsible for overseeing product development of assigned initiatives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Actuarial, or Statistics preferred.
• Able to create analyses and reports using Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
• Able to write queries to pull, summarize, and analyze data using SAS or SQL.
• Strong quantitative, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Ability to communicate results and recommendations of analyses to a non-technical audience.
• Insurance experience preferred.
• Predictive modeling skills and VBA knowledge are beneficial but not required.
• Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function.