Get new similar jobs by email for
Sales -- Business Development ...
Responsible for identifying and developing new business activities and projects, from identifying prospects to finalization of contract, for the Hanover, Maryland, NET100 branch office including, but not limited to:
· Cultivating new clientele for installation services and activities. Understand target-market and research all available information to determine potential customer needs and current/future business/sales opportunities;
· Acquiring client contact information for prospect lists and follow-up on self-developed sales leads through cold-calling, networking, and other means, for establishing a communication path and developing an industry contact database for future leads and prospect information;
· Designing and delivering sales presentations to prospective clients, and generate RFP’s based on client need and services to be rendered. Estimate material and labor requirements for each project, applying established pricing guidelines for achieving pre-determined profit margin targets;
· Providing pre-installation support to Account Management team to communicate construction, quality, and deadline management to ensure adequate resources are available and scheduled to meet project workload requirements.
· Expediting problem resolution in support of the contract when necessary, troubleshooting issues and providing customer service support to clientele;
· Developing and maintaining short and long range sale forecasts. Produce and submit regular reports and sales plans for NET100 Senior Management approval;
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
· Minimum of three (3) years experience in direct sales and/or project management in the telecommunications industry or related field;
· Excellent new-business sales skills and abilities; Demonstrated competence in achieving corporate business/sales goals;
· Experience in generating responses to time-sensitive RFPs and interpreting floor plans;
· Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment; Ability to work under pressure while meeting all contract deadlines; multitasking skills required;
· Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills; Ability to work, and correspond, with a wide range of individuals ranging from senior executives to construction personnel;
· Must demonstrate exceptional initiative and resourcefulness, being able to work through a variety of obstacles to make the sale;
· Excellent client service skills;
· Valid Drivers License; Acceptable driving record;
· High School diploma or equivalent required; College degree highly desirable;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office; MS Project experience desirable;
· Professional, team-oriented work ethic; Ability to see the “big picture”;
· Ability and willingness to travel to and from various project and client sites.