If you work in the electrical, power, and energy industry, you already know ETAP. We’ve been “Powering Success” for our customers for nearly 30 years, and are the leading developer of design, analysis, and real-time software solutions.
Technology is our passion, but it’s our people who propelled us to the top of our industry; as we grow, we’re continually looking for bright, energetic, go-getters to strengthen our team. Because we’re growing 30% per year, ETAP offers the career stability of an established company, but the fast-paced, dynamic work environment of a startup; it’s a culture where good ideas and hard work are recognized and rewarded.
If you are ready for change – and ready to work for a company that’s changing the power and energy industry – please visit etap.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Director / Account Manager
The primary duties of this position will be to create new sales opportunities and form parallel partnerships with existing customers. Tasks include direct sales, new lead generation, preparing proposal requests, follow-up and sales representative sales and strategic support.
This role is also responsible for expanding existing partnerships by positioning the value of the ETAP partner program to prospective partners and sales representatives as well as tactically supporting joint selling activities.
The ideal candidate will have confidence in dealing with clients at a senior management level, be at ease conducting business over the telephone and have excellent presentation and closing skills and at least 7 years professional experience in a technical sales position.
- Develop, own and execute a business relationship plan for each assigned region, account, and market segment. You will be tasked with ensuring the placement of ETAP products on client’s vendor lists as well as seeking new strategic partnerships for joint ventures. This may include targeting partners for synergistic selling.
- Develop effective and efficient sales coverage for the assigned regions
- Provide on-going input into the current strategy and program design; implementation, execution, future software improvements based on trends in sales and viable partnership opportunities
- Actively participate in the execution of cross functional activities associated with sales, marketing and operations necessary in meeting agreed upon goals and objectives
- As a member of the sales team provide assistance with deals involving target accounts
- Participate in sales pursuits by helping to work through accounts based solutions
- Organize the overall process to insure both ETAP and sales representatives /partners clearly understand roles and responsibilities as well as help coordinate their activity during the implementation process
- Other responsibilities will be to continuously work with the sales channels to build awareness and excitement around ETAP, gain commitment to get consultants trained on ETAP technology, assist with the development (working with Marketing colleagues) of joint webinars, white papers, events designed to drive leads and promote the partnership, bring thought leadership to the marketplace
- Responsible for regional profit and loss analysis
- Must possess the ability to learn, understand, sell and present ETAP software
- Create and implement sales and marketing campaigns to increase sales and software maintenance income
- Understand and retain existing customers while identifying and attracting new clients
- Other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 7+ years professional selling experience in high-tech software, or service related industry including: Oil & Gas, Utility T&D, Power Generation, Manufacturing, Mining, etc.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting / exceeding sales goals
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Experience with power management system solutions
- Experience with international business
- Good business acumen with the ability to understanding industry dynamics, the competitive environment and customer business drivers
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Team focused, motivated, results oriented, high creativity, and flexibility
- Must be detail-oriented, self-starter, and works well with a variety of departments in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have thorough working knowledge of sales principles and procedures
- Computer skills: Advance Microsoft Word and Excel. Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook, Acrobat, and CRM
- Ability to travel 30% of the time both domestically and internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university in Electrical Engineering
- MBA a plus