Business Development Director – Laptop Accessories
Our client is a financially strong, privately held consumer goods company based on Long Island. They sell products through several channels and are currently seeking aBusiness Development Director to build their already successful OEM business bothnationally and internationally.
The Business Development Director – Private Brands is responsible for driving sales by expanding on and developing relationships with new and existing OEM or contract manufacturing (private label) customers.In this role, you will be responsible for building strong relationships within the customer leadership and decision making teams and driving new product development initiatives in concert with OEM partners. Therefore, providing market guidance and feedback through theHQ will be a requirement, working cross functionally with product development and marketing teams to provide product solutions to the client.
- Develop and manage account strategy plans and execute against sales objectives, margin goals, and overall business strategy.
- Develop clear goals and roadmaps to achieve desired results with each OEM partner.
- Travel in the U.S. as well as to Europe and Asia as necessary to uncover new opportunities with OEM partners.
- Manage new business opportunities, guiding the company and customer through new product development process.(RFI, RFQ, RFP)
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations and required documentation.
- Identify and pursue new prospects, cultivate opportunities within the laptop hardware accessories OEM channel.
- Utilize strong project management skills to keep customer projects on time and meet strict timelines.
- Works cross-functionally with internal product development, marketing and production teams to ensure a higher quality of program execution.
- Participate in customer sales activities including focused sales campaigns.
- Share successes and ideas within the local, regional and global customer teams.
- Conduct follow-up sales and service calls to all accounts on a regular basis.
- Stay well informed on industry changes and participate where possible in professional organizations directly involved with prime markets.
- Continually work to improve sales techniques, core competency and knowledge.
- Minimum 8 years sales experience and at least 5 years selling manufactured goods into multi-division national accounts
- Must have proven track record of experience and success.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to find market & trend data, interpret and then produce and present information to senior business decision makers.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) and leadership skills required. Advanced skills in MS office, Word, PowerPoint, excel.
- Senior level customer relationship skills including experience in negotiations and articulating sometimes complex solutions and benefits.
- Proven ability to successfully interface with C-level executives, management, and financial decision makers.
- Highly developed ability to sell face to face including the ability to collaborate and respond with solutions that fit.
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds. Cultural awareness is strongly desired.
- Predominantly N. America customer base, periodic international travel required.
- Strong team player able to work independently at a fast pace
- Must be driven and highly self-motivated
This is a growth opportunity with a strong and creative company, in business more than 75 years. You will quickly become a key member of the business and product development team and be able to make a positive impact on a rapidly growing business.
Base salary $100K - $110K. OTE $125K - $140K.
Excellent benefits and friendly, team oriented work environment