Sr. Business Development Manager
Looking to be a part of one of the hottest trends in IT called Big Data Analytics? How about being a part of the Industry’s leading Scale-out Network Attached Storage (NAS)? With this job, you can have the best of both of these worlds. EMC Isilon is looking for an exceptional business development leader that brings a good blend of business, technical, and marketing skills, to be responsible for increasing Isilon’s global business in Big Data Analytics. Hadoop has enormous attention and visibility within the IT industry and many people are vying to have on this on their resume. This role reports into the Solutions Marketing & Alliances group in the EMC Isilon Storage Division’s Marketing organization. So, not only will you be working within EMC’s fastest growing storage units, Isilon, you will also be leading and working on one of the hottest IT workloads in Hadoop. You’ll be responsible for the overall development of EMC Isilon’s strategy in Big Data Analytic and Hadoop workloads. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for the prioritization and development of the strategic alliances with industry-leading Hadoop distributions and other business intelligence ISVs. The strategic alliance with these technology partners should enable and accelerate sales by providing technical validations, sales enablement, joint go-to-market, and thought leadership. The candidate will lead a cross functional team to exceed the Isilon Big Data Analytics revenue target by driving pipeline development and enabling the acceleration of pipeline conversion through Isilon sales, EMC sales, and channel partners.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Forge strong relationships with the sales force and become their trusted partner and subject matter expert.
- Works closely with sales and account managers to support sales opportunities by engaging and leveraging key ISV partners in the sales cycle.
- Develops the overall Isilon Big Data Analytics strategy – including partner plan, bookings and pipeline plan, technical integration and validation plan, sales enablement plan, and go-to-market plan.
- Works with technical resources to ensure partner integrations and validations are met
- Ensures appropriate sales mapping of Isilon sales with partner sales
- Support of key industry events – including Hadoop World
- Support the global Isilon sales organization by providing subject matter expertise, alliance management, and sales enablement to complement Isilon sales with pipeline advancement and conversion.
- Work with marketing organization to publish and highlight customer wins through case studies, PR, and social media.
- Ensures Isilon sales, EMC sales, EMC Channel Partners, ISV alliance partners are educated to present the Isilon Big Data Analytics strategy and value proposition to their customers and prospects.
- Minimum 10-years experience working in a business development or technology alliance management role in the IT sector (Previous experience in Big Data Analytics and Hadoop a plus)
- Comfortable meeting with and presenting the Isilon developed Big Data Analytics strategy and value proposition to key internal and external customers
- Ability to build trusted relationships with the Isilon and EMC sales teams to support their sales achievement targets
- Effective communicator that can manage both business and technical relationships with a wide array of technology and channel partners across the globe
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Customer focused
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Sales driven (& you hate to lose)
- Ability to execute
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task
- Willing to travel 33% of the time
- MBA a plus