Esterline Power Systems (EPS), a worldwide producer of relays, electronic control devices, and power systems for the aerospace and defense industry, is currently seeking a Business Development Manager for Commercial & Regional Aerospace. The BDM will be responsible for Market penetration to accomplish Direct Sales of equipment & components to the Single & Double Aisle OEMs and their Tier 1 Electrical System suppliers. In addition, the BDM will identify unique products for this market that will provide market advantage.
- Manage Key Market responsibility for all direct Sales/Marketing/Support for all OEMs and their Tier 1 Electrical System Suppliers in the Commercial & Regional Aerospace.
- Prepare and update Market penetration road map for the Key Market
- Prepare 5/10 Year (long range forecast) with detailed forecast a year out updated Quarterly.
- Will be part of the Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) team.
- Penetrates Key Market OEMs to develop business relationship at a senior level (Business Development Manager and above)
- Develops, allocates and manages system level requirements, and decompose them to detailed and derived requirements for preparation of bid packages
- Researches and develops highly complex system designs and architectures
- Prepare subsystem design requirements and associated interface control documents
- Support development, design, build, of power distribution equipment along with component hardware
- Compile technical information, analyze technical problems, develop and implement technical solutions
- Participate in various trade studies
- Provide information and support to the Regional Sales Managers in preparation of proposals, including sizing and selection of equipment, plant layout, and engineering man-hour estimates
- Work as a "team player"
- Travel on business trips and/or field assignments as required to carry out departmental tasks and functions up to 70% of the time
- Actively participates in Lean and 6s initiatives
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Performs other duties as required
- Coordinate across our global platform programs & projects that are or have influence from overseas.
Nice to Have
- Master’s Degree in a Business or Related Topic
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or University in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Must be able to demonstrate previous High Level Networking & Account building
- Previous experience in International Accounts including experience in Europe & Asia
- 7 years’ experience with Aerospace requirements, specifically Electrical Systems and their associated design constraints preferred
- Ability to effectively document and communicate designs, results, reports and presentations
- To succeed in this position you must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Minimum of 10 years of Sales or Business Development experiences
- A creative and innovative mind with analytical disposition
- Command of an European Language, preferably French
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for Supervisors and Managers: Approachability, directing and motivating others, interpersonal savvy, sizing up people, organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams, managerial courage, fairness to direct reports and have the ability to drive for results.