Are you a connected connector and passionate about Green Buildings? Can you think outside of the box and get a group behind your idea? Then take a look at this.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Development Manager/Lead – Green and High Performance Markets
Our client is a fast growing company that is changing the landscape of the building industry. With built-in intelligence, their glass automatically transitions between clear and variable tint, providing control over the amount of light and heat entering a building. In all conditions, the glass remains transparent, keeping you connected to the outside world. It’s a simple idea. But one that will revolutionize the way we build.
The role of the Business Development Manager requires an experienced business and marketing professional with a track record in developing new markets for technology-based products or systems within the subsets of the green construction market. The position is primarily responsible for developing and executing a strategy to further grow the market for smart architectural glass applications to LEED, net-zero, and sustainability driven project teams. The manager will be responsible for understanding the market, developing relationships and alliances with key influencers, and creating awareness within the green construction market. Longer term, the role will manage the major aspects of the business and its execution.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the market strategy and develop a value proposition optimized for the green building market
- Drive the company’s presence and influence in the green market. Identify business partners, and industry contacts to inform strategy and create high value opportunities
- Work with industry associations to establish thought leadership regarding the product and its impact on current high performance buildings and their future design
- Grasp key market trends and competitor information for green building market; keep abreast of emerging approaches and best practices to develop an effective plan and continually improving product specific programs
- Act as point of first reference for the green building markets and work collaboratively with internal members to address issues as they arise
- Work with corporate product and marketing to lead market-specific product collateral (internal and external) and content. Manage consistency of message across the business segment and integrate this within the broader company focus and message
- Educate sales, business development, and marketing with the proper tools to sell our Dynamic Glass Solution. This includes product position, key benefits and go- to- market strategy
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of experience in sales or business, or program development, with prior experience with in the materials or building industry.
- Proven success in building businesses for technology products and/or services
- Proven experience in building innovative, proactive, high impact business development campaigns utilizing all relevant channels and media
- Solid written and verbal communication/presentation skills to interface with senior level executives, external sales teams, industry partners, and internal stakeholders
- Experience analyzing market/industry data including competitive intelligence to support new market development a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- LEED credentials, GA or AP