Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
Monster Sourcing Services
Job Reference Code
Business Development Manager
About the Job
Are you a driven sales representative with 3 to 7 years of business development experience in software sales and looking for a growing, innovative company to work for, then this is the position for you!
Monster is partnering with Thinking Phone Network; a highly entrepreneurial company transforming how organizations communicate and collaborate. Their cloud software suite is a market leader in cloud-based unified communications and they are experiencing exponential growth. What’s more, they are being recognized for their efforts. And with their continued growth, they are looking for a Business Development Manager in the Chicago area.
Business Development Managers are responsible for account management and strategic sales growth in their assigned region. Key priorities include the development and execution of sales objectives and strategies through direct efforts and through the recruitment and support of 3rd party agent and wholesale business partners. Thinking Phone Networks is a fast growing, enterprise business-focused Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provider in the Cambridge, MA area. The Business Development Manager is a company ambassador, they are highly focused people with a passion to succeed in the fast paced industry that is ours; these brand champions strive to be top of market in our space. The cloud market is hot, the unified communications market is also very hot - Are you ready to be part of this growing organization and see it through to becoming one of the biggest, best companies to work for in UC today?
In this role the successful applicant will be responsible for the following but not limited to…
* Develop and implement strategies to grow the organization's business and market share through our approved sales methodology
* Prospect aggressively to develop new business partners through networking, referrals, company lead generation and cold calling; including follow up appropriately to obtain appointments
* Train and assist business partners in products and services, pricing, and operational processes of Thinking Phone Networks
* Work with business partners to identify target accounts and to achieve specific goals for closing new business
* Travel to call on existing and prospective customers with the purpose of sustaining and growing market share, promoting and selling company services and execute in-depth selling in all accounts
* Plan, coordinate and execute sales presentations to inform, persuade, educate and ultimately close business
* Learn, develop and implement new ways for Thinking Phone Networks to differentiate itself in the marketplace
* Acquire in a reasonable amount of time: in depth knowledge of Thinking Phone Networks’ service offering, knowledge of current market and market share, competition and strategy to secure competitors business
* Work closely with provisioning and customer support, keeping them informed of customer needs
* Prepare necessary reports (RFP's, metrics, periodic business reviews) and maintain in the company’s CRM database
* Maintain complete customer documentation and maintain appropriate customer and prospect information into the company’s customer relationship management database
Essential Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and have sound knowledge of technology. The successful applicant must be comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
* Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent work experience
* 4+ years relevant experience in sales
* Experience in VoIP, data networking, or hosted application fields preferred
* Knowledge of and a demonstrated track record developing successful channels for IT services, data services, telecommunications, or business applications (such as CRM, Helpdesk and Content Management)
* Should be somewhat familiar with VoIP concepts, hosted technology, and practices, and rely on experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* A successful applicant will need to be able to juggle a variety of complicated tasks, and be comfortable working independently with remote support
* Possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in written correspondence
* Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
* Candidate must be 100% professional, and be able to patiently and effectively communicate complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels, in person, on the phone, and via email
* Excellent analytic and negotiation skills
* The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills