Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Development Manager
Manager, Business Development
If you consider yourself:
- A Hustler. Not in the Snoop Lion (formerly Snoop Dogg) sense but in the “hard-working, make things happen” sense.
- A deal-driven professional who is genuinely excited about the digital media industry
- Obsessed with having a direct impact on your company’s revenue
- A natural multi-tasker who lives to work on several initiatives forward at any given time
- Self-sufficient and thrive on informal, thrilling start-up environments
Then we want to talk.
We are looking for a sales and business development super star to join Q1Media’s Business Development group. Our BD team serves as the Special Task Force unit of the company, designed to secure new revenue opportunities, bring them to a stable state and collaborate with internal team members to operationalize them within the company. Strategic projects may include:
- Introducing new products to the marketplace
- Establishing strategic relationships with major Fortune 100 brands
- Growing existing partner relationships crucial to company’s top-line revenue
You will report directly to our Director of Business Development (a great guy, really), who along with the executives of the company determine the Business Development teams strategic initiatives.
However, if you’re coming in with an extensive network and experience in any particular side of the ad tech or digital media side of the business, especially programmatic, you could have real opportunity to set strategic goals for the BD team.
* Prospect, close and grow key business relationships with key demand and supply partners to help them achieve maximum profitability using our unique and industry leading ad technology
* Manage all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, pitching, negotiating, closing, re-selling and up-selling to win new business and enhance existing client relationships
* Collaborate with various internal departments to qualify, sell and implement desired profit margin against assigned account set
* Gather client feedback, monitor competitive trends and develop ideas to improve Q1Media products and Services
* BS/BA degree
* Minimum 3 years experience in a sales or business development role in the digital media industry, programmatic advertising and/or ad tech experience preferred
* Strong knowledge of how digital media is bought, sold and delivered, especially display, mobile and video advertising, in both the traditional and programmatic channels
* Experience working with Ad Exchanges, DSPs/SSPs, Ad Networks, digital advertising agencies or ad servers; understanding of the emerging online RTB ecosystem a plus
Skills and Personal Attributes:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to form strong personal relationships and build lasting inter-company partnerships
* High energy, team-orientation and will to succeed in a fast-paced, evolving, fun environment
* Natural leadership qualities to help and inspire other team members
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and strong business judgment; professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation.
* Position: Full Time
* Location: Los Angeles, CA (Office is in El Segundo)
* Office Hours: 9-6 (flexible)
* Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, bonuses, incentives, stock options, medical and dental benefits
* Environment: Fun, hungry, ambitious and intelligent – we have a great culture at Q1 and are experiencing major growth year over year due to the commitment and excellence of our people. We are building a business that’s fun to come into each morning and drives individuals to reach their full potential.
More about Q1Media:
Q1Media is a media technology company based in Austin, Texas and Los Angeles, CA. Voted a top company to work for in Texas 2 years in a row. Q1Media is emerging as one of the leading companies on the supply side of the digital advertising ecosystem. We work with over 2,000 web publishers today and are focused on building and maintaining video, mobile, and display advertising technologies that will help to power their properties and make them more revenue. Q1Media is also an Inc. 5000 company, making it one of the fastest growing media companies in the United States.