Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Development Manager
Foster relationships with potential contacts and key decision makers in the government contracting market. The Client Relations Manager builds trust, confidence and goodwill with potential customers. Supports efforts in client acquisition, customer satisfaction and client retention.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Identifies new business opportunities by researching industry and related events, industry publications, and government announcements on websites such as FBO.gov and iq.govwin.com.
• Locates or proposes potential business opportunities by contacting potential teaming partners and government officials and foster relationships with these potential players and key decision-makers in the government contracting sector.
• Attends industry functions, such industry days, seminars and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, to find potential new business partners, and to market the company’s end-to-end solutions.
• Screens potential business opportunities by analyzing scope of work and analyzing the current state of the market, i.e.: incumbent, value and size of opportunity, and other business variables to make a bid/no bid decision.
• Closes new business deals by coordinating meeting and other requirements; developing and requesting NDAs and teaming arrangements.
• Conducts market research, competitor and teaming partner analysis and studies the market to provide focused, well-researched forecasts that will support the company's goals and capture and proposal decisions.
• Creates marketing content and materials as required to represent the company and its end-to-end solutions.
• Represents CWS Corp. by attending events and showcasing the brand through social media mediums.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational and volunteering opportunities; maintaining personal networks; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree required and 1-4 years of related work or industry related experience. Experience in federal government contracting environment required. Experience working with health centric agencies / organizations preferred. Professional IT services experience preferred.
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Vision must be able to accommodate performance of work at a computer up to 75% of the time. Frequent regional and some U.S. travel required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law