Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Development Manager
ASUS Computer International (ACI) is looking for a driven individual who is up for a challenge in their career. The ideal candidate for this position has to be a quick learner, bring a positive energetic attitude, and would like to grow with a rapidly expanding company. This position offers continuous variety of learning opportunities.
ASUS is the world's top 3 consumer notebook vendors and the maker of the world's best-selling and most award winning motherboards. ASUS is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktops, Eee Box and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, tablet devices, servers, multimedia and wireless solutions, networking devices, and mobile phones.
Business Development Manager - Retail
Open Platform Business Group (OPBG)
VP of Business Development
Job Description Overview:
The Business Development Manager – Retail is the champion to uncover business opportunities, develop retail accounts by providing award-winning ASUS OPBG solutions, execute key initiatives and manage relationships to allow accelerated growth.
This role requires a strong balance of business development/sales experience, technical aptitude and account management skills that deliver proven results. The Business Development Manager-Retail leverages analytics to determine, measure and communicate business effectiveness and adapt when needed for desirable results. This person is effective at working independently and strategically to plan and execute, as well as collaboratively with the supporting teams and tactically to reach the established goals.
The successful candidate has strong organizational planning skills, able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, and is able to manage multiple accounts without losing focus. He/she has excellent written and verbal communication skills and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop, maintain and strengthen business relationships with existing and new retail accounts
· Create win-win business cases for retailers, and must be able to articulate the ASUS brand value proposition, seize opportunities based on market analytics and negotiate ASUS presence at named accounts
· Collaborate with the product management team to plan product assortment in accordance with established goals. Plan, win and implement go-to-market plans with each retail account for each retail cycle, including shelf space management, forecast management, logistics, marketing and trainings
· Sales and inventory management including weekly sales and inventory analysis and retail advertisement analysis
· Perform competitive analysis by tracking promotions and conducting account visits. Analyze 3rd party data to understand the market and develop recommendations to retail accounts
· Routine account contacts including weekly/bi-weekly calls with both the merchandiser and the category buyer. Conduct monthly scheduled meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews
· Collaborate with industry partners to create win-win opportunities
· Work with Channel Marketing to identify and implement best in class merchandising online and in-store, messaging for advertisements and other key initiatives
· Effectively communicate to ensure an appropriate level of awareness exists across the organization. Provide routine reporting that tracks business development through Salesforce.com
· Identify and resolve bottlenecks across the cross functional teams as needed to maintain velocity and deliver commitments
· Maintain good attendance and punctuality
· Perform other job duties as assigned*
Years of Education
· Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related field or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Salesforce.com
· Solid understanding of the channel, the technology ecosystem and working knowledge of the fundamentals of technology preferred
· Ability to present product information, business opportunities and progress to a large audience including senior management
· Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
· Organization and priority setting skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Retail experience is highly preferred
(*Job functions are subject to change at any time)
**We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state and federal laws.
**ASUS pays excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
Please email resume and cover letter to ACI_HR@asus.com and indicate Job Title and Job # in Subject Line or APPLY BELOW.