Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Machine Tool Calibration (Rockville, MD)
Automated Precision Inc. innovates advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced instruments that meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add a Business Development Manager for Machine Tool Calibration.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the strategic product planning and business development of the product. He/she also must execute business growth throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall goals and strategic direction.
· Defining the overall product strategy and roadmap over a 5 year timeframe.
· Achieve annual new business order bookings and shipment revenues per approved budget.
· Support the development of Marketing Requirement Documents and Product Requirement Documents for the business.
· Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
· To be an authority understanding competitive strategy and product portfolio.
· Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product & business.
· Perform product demos to customers.
· Set pricing to meet industry norms while conforming to business revenue and profitability goals.
· Deliver a monthly revenue and expense budget and forecast for the product portfolio.
· Develop sales tools and collateral
· Brief and train the sales force and regions at periodic sales meetings.
· Drive business growth for the products within the company through all regional geographic operations
· Represent the company as a spokesperson for the product line with C-level management, professional and industrial associations, and at trade shows.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager.
· Demonstrated success defining and launching technical products.
· 5 years of experience in a metrology market position.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Engineering or Physics undergraduate degree with (MBA preferred).
· Excellent teamwork skills.
· Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
· Ability to travel 50% of the time