Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Development Manager
TekPro, Inc. is a dynamic 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation specializing in Life Sciences, Engineering and Technical Services, Professional Services, and Environmental Services within the government sector. With over 16 years of professional experience, SpecPro is proud to serve the government and industry in these disciplines. Our goal is to always maintain positive customer and community relations while emphasizing the "SpecPro Advantage".
The Business Development Manager will support on-going operations by:
· Providing program management support, marketing, and business development services to build new business and increase revenue by seeking out and providing detailed descriptive information on potential near-term and future new business contracts.
· Working actively within the organization and with related and third party companies to develop appropriate alliances and win strategies.
· Understanding strategic market analysis initiatives and seeking opportunities to promote growth, while ensuring that new opportunities are aligned with business objectives.
· Contributing to the development of “Bid/No Bid” decisions, and actively participating in the preparation of responses to business opportunities using both written and oral presentations.
· Creating detailed definitions of contract requirements, and assisting others in understanding the nature of work, level of effort required, net value of an opportunity, and timelines/schedules associated with a potential contract.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Be responsible for identification, evaluation, and development of new business opportunities commensurate with the strategic business plan.
· Develop clear and concise business targets and present new business ideas and concepts in a clear, logical, and persuasive manner. Independently, or as a member of a team, identify prospective clients and provide corporate capability briefings for the purpose of obtaining new business.
· Serve as capture manager and opportunity lead as requirements are approved for further consideration or proposal preparation.
· Analyze business information from a variety of sources and develop strategies for technical, management, and cost proposal approaches.
· Meet with and provide input to existing and potential new customers, and manage, develop, and contribute significantly to contract proposal preparation.
· Serve as a member of special project teams assembled and directed to address specific needs.
· Will work independently, or as a member of a team, with Directors, Program Managers, functional groups, and senior members to provide business and management assistance, identify issues, and work to achieve positive corporate outcomes.
· A Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field of endeavor.
· Ten (10) years of direct business and organizational development experience.
· 5-8- years’ experience in generating environmental and/or engineering related business required within the government sphere required.
· Candidate should have significant government industry experience with an existing network of contacts and a proven track record of successful business development.
· Candidates MUST have U.S. citizenship or the ability to obtain citizenship, and be able to pass a government background investigation.
All interested candidates MUST apply online at