Posting date: July 14, 2014
A Business Intelligence Analyst is a key role in developing, deploying and supporting Unified Information Access initiatives. The successful candidate will have strong business relationship skills, have broad experience across many different areas of the IT function and be able to communicate with all levels of the organization hierarchy. They will research gaps in functionality, gather requirements of users and present recommendations to both technical and business teams.
- Act as a key point of contact between the business functions and IT.
- Work with users at all levels of the organization to analyze and translate business requirements.
- Together with business community, help to identify business value and to prioritize requirements according to expected business benefits
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Work with specialists to gain an understanding of business data; what it tells us, and how it’s used
- Develop a working knowledge of internal Big Data applications
- Ability to map and visualize data with industry standard business intelligence tools
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Experience with Agile solution development
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates
- Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Participate in Service Desk function to resolve user related support calls
- Prepare and execute test plans, communication and training to end users for new functionality
- Ability to analyze data to get at the root cause of issues (ie reporting logic, process issues, data entry errors, etc) and communicate findings to the business as well as educating the end users to be self sufficient.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/related subject or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of related technical work experience with structured and unstructured data (Big Data)
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Understanding of project management lifecycle, including Agile methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong attention to detail
This position is not approved for relocation assistance
Job Level: Experienced