Career advancement means many things to many people. To some a new job is career advancement, to others it is exploring new opportunities that will allow growth and challenges while being part of a successful and expanding team.
Now is the time to consider joining Insurity! One of our newest technology solutions, Insurance Enterprise View (IEV), is experiencing growth unparalleled in many other organizations. If working in a dynamic environment with opportunities that include Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, and Data Integration Hub technologies along with the opportunity to work with Fortune 500 clients interests you - then contact us.
Now is the time. Your new career is waiting.
Business Systems Analyst- Hartford, CT
Work Location: Hartford, CT - This is a fulltime employment opportunity
Basic Job Function
Senior analyst for insurance data integration product. Analyzes, designs and prepares data integration specifications that address business needs, implementation requirements, balancing and reconciliation between systems and testing efforts. Comprehensive analysis and resolution of complex data integration issues.
Provide Analytical Support for client implementations, analytical production support: 45%
- Analyze data and data structures
- Prepare flow charts to describe existing and proposed business process workflow and system needs.
- Work with internal and external customers to identify and specify business requirements and processes.
- Analyze and define requirements needed for system impact and prepare documentation and/or specifications.
- Prepare specifications for enhancement, development and problem requests.
- Provide project leadership for small to medium size projects.
- Develop tools and documentation to enhance processes.
- Conduct and assist in specification walkthroughs.
- Maintain and modify line of business and other system documentation.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Provide feedback to management (Line of Business Manager, Project Manager, Account Executive, etc.) on issues with projects and/or accounts.
- Participate in meetings/conference calls with internal and external clients.
- Work with client management to identify and specify industry needs.
- Research and evaluate alternative approaches and recommend efficient and cost effective solutions.
- Participate with client and internal functional areas as appropriate through the development (enhancements, conversions, defects, etc.) testing and installation processes.
- Identify and provide improvements to the system.
- Analyze and troubleshoot data integration issues, assign and work with development resources for issue resolution, test, analyze and document break fixes
Execute functional tests and evaluate results to ensure accuracy and quality of System changes: 30%
- Design and implement detailed system test plans to ensure a quality solution.
- Work directly with internal functional areas and clients to identify and resolve problems during testing.
- Support company-wide testing initiatives.
Provide staff training 10%
- Provide training to co-workers as required on subject matter expertise.
Perform additional functions to support the organization 15%
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Initiate and execute innovative approaches and ideas for improving processes.
- 5+ years Property Casualty experience working closely with insurance data analysis.
- Business domain knowledge: Policy Administration, Claims, Billing, Reinsurance systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Technical expertise:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ACORD data standards
- Advanced SQL query design
- Business Objects/Crystal Reports/Cognos/SQL Reporting Services
- Business Analyst discipline, standards and methodologies
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into easily understood terms.
- Ability to write technical documents.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with minimal assistance
- Project leadership skills.