Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
The Noco Company
The Noco Company
Solon, OH 44139
Manufacturing - Other
Years of Experience
2+ to 5 Years
$40,000.00+ /year Salary negotiable
About the Job
Overview: Growing manufacturing company with many opportunities on the horizon. The Noco Company has been a successful local company since 1914 serving the automotive aftermarket, RV, and boating industry. The organization is seeking an intelligent, hard working, reliable, candidate to fill full-time buyer position in our Solon office. Candidate will enjoy a casual hardworking environment with many benefits.
Job Purpose: Maintains operations by purchasing materials, equipment, and supplies; expediting delivery.
Duties: * Determines purchasing requirements by reviewing inventories and purchase requests.
* Determines specifications by analyzing use requirements; consulting with users.
* Identifies suppliers by researching materials, equipment, and supplies availability; evaluating alternatives; verifying supplier performance record and certification.
* Obtains quotes by forwarding requirements to supplier.
* Places orders by negotiating price, terms, and delivery.
* Ensures materials, equipment, and supplies availability by tracking and expediting delivery.
* Resolves discrepancies by comparing purchase order to delivery documentation; obtaining credits and refunds.
* Maintains historical records by filing and retrieving purchasing documents.
* Improves quality results by analyzing materials, equipment, supplies, and supplier reliability; recommending changes.
* Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by attending trade shows; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Inventory Control, Organization, Supply Management, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Building Relationships, Independence, Decision Making