Team up to excel with Philips Healthcare! Are you looking for a challenging, innovative, exciting career opportunity where your contributions will accelerate technology and make a difference in people’s lives? Are you interested in working to improve the state of the art in cancer care and heart attack survival? Philips Healthcare Cleveland, Ohio is currently recruiting for a Software Developer to join our Advanced Diagnostics Imaging (ADI) organization. The ADI team develops state of art medical scanners that save lives and improve patient outcomes while lowering healthcare costs. We are a world-class organization that develops and manufactures Computed Tomography (CT) scanners that are used throughout the world. Team members use state-of-the-art development tools and apply new software technologies. The Common Image Reconstruction Subsystem (CIRS) group develops advanced image reconstruction and processing software for CT scanners. These medical imaging devices are state-of-the-art using the latest hardware acceleration techniques and the fastest multi-core processors
As a software developer for the CIRS ADI team, you will be challenge to design, implement, and test code for our new and existing CT scanner models, focusing on the advanced image reconstruction and processing software.
· Today we are using C++ (unmanaged), C# .NET, and scripting languages on a Microsoft Windows platform using the latest Visual Studio. This may change if other technologies or languages become more applicable.
· We expect you to drive innovation by being creative, introducing new technology and influencing non-technical domains.
· You and your teammates will deliver on commitments by managing your time and that of your team.
· You will operate CT scanners to integrate your software and diagnose image reconstruction subsystem problems; training will be provided.
· Areas of development may include (1) image reconstruction and processing, (2) system software installation, (3) software build automation, (4) software test automation and applications, (5) optimizing for a multi-processor environment, and (6) diagnostics tools.
· Collaborate with teammates for requirements, design, and code inspections.
· You will likely participate in subsystem integration with CT scanner system releases, which will include working remotely with our other facilities located throughout the world.
· B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field or an incomplete degree with multiple years of related professional development experience
· Solid foundation in object oriented programming and design and programming skills way above average
· Able to proficiently code, test and debug unmanaged C++ (C# .NET and scripting opportunities may arise)
· Able to balance creativity and practicality and known as someone who gets things done
· Smart, passionate, highly self-motivated, and an independent thinker capable of working alone and as part of a team
· Able to learn quickly and to effectively apply that knowledge to successfully work against deadlines
· Experience in a team environment with a track record of meeting specified project deadlines
· Demonstrable clear oral communication, as well as well-organized documentation skills; excellent command of written and spoken English
· Able to follow and give instructions
· Desire to develop on a Windows platform
· Strong familiarity with the MS Windows environment as a user and be able to use computer based software tools, such as MS Office and software development
· 5+ years of experience in C++ development
· Demonstrable software development experience using STL and/or Boost
· Demonstrable experience or knowledge of OS constructs such as critical sections, mutexes, threads, processes and shared memory
· Demonstrable experience with signal processing and/or image processing and reconstruction highly desirable
· Demonstrable experience in full life-cycle development (requirements elicitation, design, development, testing)
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal employment employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.