Modeling & Simulation Experience (7 years):
- Experience in using CAE tools including MADYMO, LS-DYNA, HYPERMESH and/or VPG for occupant crash and rollover simulations.
- Ability to develop models using lumped mass parameter and finite element methods for mechanical systems in dynamic impact and large structural deformation conditions.
- Knowledge of modeling automotive interior systems such as instrument panel, seats, steering system and occupant vehicle compartment.
- Ability to model safety restraints such as seat belts and related components such as Pre-Tensioners and Load-Limiters.
- Ability to model safety restraints such as air bags using single and multi-stage inflators using pyrotechnic and stored gas technologies.
- Experience in correlating models to physical test data and being able to guide design through predictive analysis.
- Ability to evaluate several restraint system design parameters using optimization techniques to identify best combination of design factors.
Product Knowledge (5 years):
- General automotive industry and vehicle system, sub-system and component level knowledge with respect to R&D, Product Development, Manufacturing, and Logistics; knowledge of vehicle and product development plan.
- Specific expertise in active and passive occupant safety restraints such as seat belts and air bags technologies, sensors and advanced crash avoidance systems.
- Knowledge of automotive interiors such as doors, trim, seats and I/P consoles and HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of energy absorbing materials – structural metals, plastics, honeycomb and foam – and their applications for vehicle interiors and energy management principles.
- Knowledge of applied biomechanics, mechanism of injury and injury tolerance, and Injury Assessment Reference Values (IARV)
- Proficiency in communication and interpersonal skills
- Project presentation expertise
- Customer interface experience
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, EXCEL and POWERPOINT
- B.S. – Required (Engineering, Science or Math)
- M.S/Ph.D – Preferred
Must be a United States Citizen
This is a contract position that will last a minimum of 12 months