Triumph Actuation Systems, LLC located in Clemmons, NC and Freeport, NY is a part of the Triumph Group, Inc. companies. We are a global leader in the design, development, manufacture, assembly, and aftermarket support of aerospace hydraulic actuators and pumps & motors. Our operations touch all major players in aviation.
Summary:Tests, calibrates, and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assists in formulating calibration standards by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment.
2. Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
3. Disassembles instruments and equipment and inspects components for defects.
4. Measures parts for conformity with specifications.
5. Aligns, repairs, replaces, and balances component parts and circuitry.
6. Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
7. Devises formulas to solve problems in measurements and calibrations.
8. Assists engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair, and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment.
9. Maintains records of calibration, and assures that all linear instruments in use are within the acceptable calibration period.
Physical Requirements: Work may require lifting, pulling, and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds; frequent bending, climbing stairs, and reaching; sitting for up to eight (8) hours per day; and standing up to eight (8) hours per day. The ability to manipulate small parts; and the ability to read intricate, small, and detailed writing with or without the use of corrective lenses.
Education Requirements: High School diploma and/or technical school graduate.
Experience Preference: Five (5) years in a machine shop environment; Quality Assurance and supervisory experience desired.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
7. Mathematical ability
3. Industry/product knowledge
4. Technical/functional knowledge
9. Detail oriented
9. Verbal communication
10. PC skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
Job Code : TAS-2014-18
Division/Department : Triumph Actuation Systems - Freeport
Hire Type : Direct