The Accounting Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the Company’s financial reporting. This is a highly automated environment so experience with ERP systems is a MUST. The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller and has 2 direct reports.
- Manage monthly financial statement closings including preparation and review of reconciliations, journal entries, supporting schedules, and financial statements.
- Technical accounting research to ensure the financials comply with GAAP.
- Accountable for all general ledger processes and programs.
- Investment accounting including but not limited to recording interest, gains/losses, and impairment analysis.
- Manage bank accounts and cash flow responsibility to ensure proper funding.
- Mentor and develop professional staff under your supervision.
- Responsible for monthly P&L analysis including trend and variance analysis.
- Recommend process improvements to improve accuracy and timeliness.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure an effective control environment.
- Assist in budget preparation, review and analysis.
- The primary liaison with external auditors and tax consultants, and preparation of the company’s annual audited financial statements.
- Manage the general ledger system, including upgrades and interfaces.
- Solid technical accounting skills, preferably with experience in investments.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, demonstrated ability to use both ERP systems and Microsoft Office applications, as well as advanced Excel skills to improve operations.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to explain complex issues to non-Financial associates.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field. Current CPA license is required
- Working knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles.
- Experience with international accounting standards and foreign currency transaction is required. Transfer pricing experience is a plus.
- Tax provision or other corporate tax experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years progressive corporate or public accounting experience.
- Experience with Lawson or similar General Ledger system.
- Previous ERP systems experience, preferably in a high transaction volume business.
- Previous reporting tool (e.g. Crystal Reports) is preferred.