Get new similar jobs by email for
Healthcare Worker - Care Trans...
CARE TRANSITIONS PROGRAM
The Los Angeles Jewish Home has been named lead agency for a coalition of healthcare providers designed to improve care for Medicare beneficiaries and to decrease the risk of hospital readmissions.
Designed for seniors returning home from a hospital stay, Care Transitions coordinates healthcare and rehabilitation services free of charge for Medicare beneficiaries. The goal of this new service is to improve long-term outcomes for seniors after hospitalization for illness, surgeries, or setbacks.
The Care Transitions Coach responsibilities are but not limited to:
· Responsible for helping safely transition patients from the hospital to home over a 30-day period post hospital discharge.
· Coach conducts an onsite hospital visit and a home visit after hospital discharge (or other care facility) to assure continuity of care and prevent unnecessary readmissions.
Experience and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
· Candidate should be self directed and can work in the field with minimum supervision.
· Assertive, personable, caring.
· Bi-lingual in English/Spanish, English/Farsi.
· 2-3 years of experience ideal.
· Must have a reliable vehicle for patient home visits post hospitalization.
Competitive pay and benefits.