Get new similar jobs by email for
Case Manager, 74 Avenue A
Case Manager, Licensed Residential Program, Queens
· Conducts home visits on a regular basis for assigned case load.
· Obtains psychosocial histories and conducts functional skills assessments.
· Establishes and maintains liaison with primary provider of psychiatric care.
· Assures access to psychiatric, substance abuse and medical services, and entitlement benefits.
· Monitors client medication, including adherence and side-effects.
· Develops an individualized rehabilitation plan (Service/Support Plan) in accordance with client needs, strengths, and goals and in consultation with the treatment team and others of the client’s choice.
· Delivers community rehabilitation services according to individual need, including: Assertiveness/Self Advocacy Training, Community Integration Services/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills Training, Health Services,
· Medication Management Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitation Counseling, Skill Development Services, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, and Symptom Management.
· Documents client response to service, progress and regressions, and regularly updates the Service/Support Plan.
· Trains clients in safety procedures and conducts fire drills and self-preservation tests.
· Prepares residents for transition to independent living and makes necessary referrals.
· Facilitates crisis intervention in the event of an emergency.
· Staffs Emergency Pager on a rotating basis.
· Maintains client charts and submits necessary notes and reports, including incident reports, in compliance with agency procedures.
· Oversees maintenance of apartments, inventories furniture, and alerts program director of maintenance problems.
· Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
· Provides coverage as needed for other staff on the program team.
· Serves as “Qualified Mental Health Staff Person”
· Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: M.A. in psychology or a human services related field or a B.A. in psychology or a human services related field and significant experience in the field.
Languages: Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
Fax/mail a resume and cover letter to:
Marianna Zeltser, LMHC.
Director, 74 Avenue A program, ACMH
80-45 Winchester Blvd., Bld.#74, CBU #1(left hand side)
Queens Village, NY 11427
Email to Qiuyuan Liu: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACMH (The Association for Rehabilitative Case Management and Housing, Inc.)
promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New
York City and is a leader in the provision of case management, rehabilitation, and housing.
We value: Teamwork, Professionalism, Mutual Respect, Continuous Learning, and
Commitment to Excellence. We are a growing agency, expanding services.
For more information, visit our website: www.acmhnyc.org