The wide range of missions and diversity of functions of Guard helicopters require a highly specialized maintenance team for each type of aircraft. As a CH-47 Helicopter Repairer you will be responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on CH-47 Helicopters (also known as "Chinook" Helicopters), to ensure that the aircraft remain safe and ready to fly. This includes all requisite inspections, service, and maintenance of aircraft and subsystems.
Become a CH-47 Helicopter Repairer in the Guard and you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to not only keep the Guard flying high, but also your civilian career. What you will learn will prepare you for a future with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and Government agencies.
Earn while you learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a CH-47 Helicopter Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability. Benefits subject to change.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Healthcare Benefits Available
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $196.26 and $254.91 per drill weekend)
Programs and benefits are subject to change.