A growing Massachusetts MEP Engineering firm that specializes in designing innovative solutions for many of the leading institutions and businesses in New England is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer.
The Lead Electrical Engineer acts as the Discipline Head within the team. This person prepares budgets and schedules and constantly monitors project progress and costs with Project Managers; works closely with Project Managers and other Lead Project Engineers to ensure timely, cost effective completion of each project; communicates regularly with the team principal to discuss team progress, needs, budgets and schedules. The Lead Project Engineer manages and develops engineering standards within and across teams.
- Supports Team Principal and PMs.
- Acts as Lead Electrical Engineer on assigned complex projects.
- Project management of select electrically intense projects.
- Assists and participates in Marketing presentations and Marketing the firms engineering capabilities.
- Assists in Engineering staff on-boarding and formal mentoring of Engineers.
- Represents the firm in Professional Societies.
- Responsible for Electrical Engineering Standards.
- Responsible for Electrical Engineering Design.
- Assists in training and development of Engineering staff.
- Contributes input on electrical engineering staff reviews.
- Reviews and stamps Electrical Engineering drawings/specification QC.
- Engineering Outreach -- Develop relationship with preferred peers, vendors, contractors, societies, etc.
- Oversees Engineering Electrical REVIT standards.
- Responsible for Electrical Engineering Code Review.
- Reviews drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
- Uses computer programs and spreadsheets for engineering analysis and presentations.
- Edits word-processing documents and understand procedures for file saving, retrieving, and transferring.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area, which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
The position requires the following experience:
- 10+ years' experience in Electrical Engineering design.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- P.E. required, LEED preferred.
- Performance management and supervision of junior technical staff preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices relating to appropriate discipline, including both design and construction.
The applicant should possess the following skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and clients Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Keeps current on the "State of the Art" in their design specialty through review of periodicals and in continuing education.
This is a full time and bonus eligible position. Our client offers employees a flexible work environment and opportunities for advancement. They have an exceptional benefits package including 95% paid family medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, company paid LTD, 401K match, and 100% tuition assistance reimbursement.
Please submit all resumes toChris Murphyatchris.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opus Career Management is the leading A/E/C recruitment firm who specialize in permanent, direct hire recruiting for senior and intermediate level candidates throughout the US.