Get new similar jobs by email for
Child Development Mentor
Child Development Mentor for Early Head Start Program
The Child Development Mentor provides administrative and technical oversight to the Family Child Care Home (FCCH) providers. Child Development Mentor works closely with the providers ensuring and supporting quality infant toddler care giving, programming to meet Early Head Start performance standards and full implementation of FCCERS and Desired Results System of Accountability and continuous improvement. The Child Development Mentor provides educational/technical support to child care providers and facilitates the transition of children entering or leaving the FCCH to another program. The Child Development Mentor supports Family Child Care Home providers in parent conferencing and working with the early intervention community. Child Development Mentor reports to EHS Program Supervisor.
· Provides educational assistance to the family child care home providers to assure they meet Head Start Performance Standards and best practices
· Assists family child care home providers in providing a developmentally appropriate curriculum to Early Head Start children
· Assists in developing goals that meet standards for the physical learning environment as follows: (a) in acquiring equipment and materials; (b) in organizing learning centers; (c) in room arrangement; (d) in daily schedules
· Assists providers in developing goals for assessment of children’s progress, including health and disabilities. Assists providers in developing goals for family involvement. Assists providers in developing goals for nutrition, including family style meals
· Maintains contact notes on visits to the providers
· Assists with collecting monthly attendance forms for reimbursement, including other forms as necessary.
· Assists with monthly training provided to childcare partners
· Assists providers in conducting periodic, developmental assessments of children (from birth through age three) using the DRDP for Infants/Toddlers, FCCERS and ASQ assessments to enhance the developmental potential of children
· Assists in the selection, preparation, and distribution of materials on child development, parenting, behavior, and developmental milestones to enhance the purpose of this program
· Provides in-service training in the areas of child development, parenting, behavior, and developmental milestones to staff at the Early Head Start family childcare homes
· Coordinates with the Early Head Start Multi-Disciplinary Team to develop treatment plans or referrals for Special Education services as needed
· Facilitates transition services between early care providers and preschool programs. Ensures compliance with Title 22 regulations, and apply mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect behavior
· Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
An Associate Degree in early childhood education or child development and previous child care experience. Hold a California Department of Education Teacher Permit (or above); or has the education to apply within six months of hire.
· Must pass criminal background check and health screening.
· Must be comfortable working with diverse ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds of the communities and must be able to effectively communicate with children and families of the community
· Ability to maintain agency code of ethics and standards of conducts.
License or Other Requirements:
· Possess a valid California Driver’s License and have access to an insured motor vehicle.
· Required to travel to Santa Clara County areas to facilitate assignments to provider sites, meeting and other off-site destinations.
· Must be willing to work beyond the usual work week to accomplish the job.
· Must be able to travel, locally and nationally.
· On-going professional development through education, role modeling, mentoring, and training.